Thread: Family Going Primal - REALLY EXCITED!! page

Ransom is offline Senior Member

Family Going Primal - REALLY EXCITED!!

Primal Fuel
    So I had to post this somewhere because I'm super stoked.

My family consists of my parents and two older brothers. Well, earlier this year (around October) my oldest brother came to visit and, after seeing the way I eat, we had lots of lengthy discussions about the PB lifestyle and he seemed pretty excited about it. It took him a while to get started but since January he has been incorporating the PB way of eating and exercising into his lifestyle and has the book and is reading it. I got a text from him the other day that said, "Just started reading the PB this week... wow, are Americans unhealty!" Also saw a facebook post that said he just did his first barefoot sprint workout.

+1

After discussion with me and my older brother, my middle brother asked me about an eating/workout plan that he could follow after completing P90X. I, of course, pointed him to PBF and the PB and actually got him the book for Christmas (along with the cookbook). He and his wife have been doing that and as far as I know are Primal (or partially Primal) now.

It's get's better!

I talked with my Dad this morning and found out that, after visiting my middle brother and his wife in CA and having Primal fare (a breakfast specifically) as well as being sent some links from him, my parents have since bought the book and the cookbook and are eating Primal meals for dinner and slowly incoporating the rest while reading and learning from the PB! He's also, as he's almost 60, going to start doing PBF as his fitness routine because he saw immediately upon reading that it is sustainable. At one point he said that he made that Primal Breakfast and was good until well after lunch as opposed to when he used toeat a bowl of cereal and would be hungry like an hour later!

I am so STOKED right now! Since going Primal myself almost a year ago, it seems that I've gotten my whole immediate family to do the same (or at least start down that path)! That just made my week!

Had to share - thanks!
    Strength and Honor

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Now that's great news; the whole family! It's so much easier when the people you eat with share a dietary philosophy. Hope to see more of you on MDA.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Thats fantastic I'd for sure call it a success story!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    That's amazing, Ransom! It'd be great if you started a "My Primal Tribe" Primal blog. I don't think there are many extended families that are Primal and it'd be awesome to read more, with input from yourself and other members of your family, as well.

Regardless, that's great news for them and very encouraging news for you!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Ransom - You have a very open minded family - lucky you and good on your parents for raising kids (and obviously being that way themselves) that are able to take in new information, evaluate it and make changes based on data rather than habit and societal norms!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Very cool!

stielow is offline Member
    Sweet wish my family would wise up. I think the high fructose corn syrup gods are powerful though.
    Started 3/10/2010 263.2 lbs

04/24/2010 227.00 lbs

Didn't know eating healthy could make me so sick, you dont realize how sick you are until you feel better. My little jack russel who is a chronic shedder is now cured by a healthy diet. Monsanto is pure evil i for one will not buy roundup or any other monsanto products.

Strenth of the bear, speed of the puma, and endurance of a clydesdale.

www.facebook.com/onelapcamaro