Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Against life alert systems page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Against life alert systems

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you fall and can't get up it's time to die. You will not heal well enough to keep this from becoming a recurrent theme in your life, so just end it.
    This tirade is of course directed at the 80 year old obese bread eaters who are more of a burden than a legless horse. I have no problem with 80 year olds who are smart enough to keep fit like the ones on this forum.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    My mom said something like this to one point and she was never primal. I keep thinking to myself thank God she passed from a massive heart attack because if she would have survived, she's be one cranky ass bitch.
    Georgette

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Alex - I guess then you are not a fan of the younger generation assisting the older to stay independent? How about nursing homes? Assisted living?

Carrie

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Whatever Alex. My Grandpa was a farmer who spent his whole life doing hard labor. He wasn't fat or obese and body wise was healthy. No diabetes, no heart problems, blood pressure fine etc etc etc. His knees went as he aged likely due to 70 odd years of hard farm work. This happened to a lot of his compatriots as well. So yeah, when he fell he had a difficult time getting up. He had one of those life things. Good thing too because one day he was out getting the mail, slipped and fell into a snow bank. It's really nice that you think he should have just lied there and froze to death because his knees didn't work that well.

You're a swell person Alex.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Um, taking care of our elders and treating them as a valued part of the tribe is a pretty primal thing. Some old folks might have health problems, but they still have a lot we can learn from and a lot they bring to enrich our society and our lives. They might be sick--does that invalidate the 80+ years of contribution they've given (raising families, building their countries, fighting in wars for us, and so on)?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

theholla is offline Senior Member
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Also, my mother fell down after having a seizure (she eventually died of brain cancer). Should the homecare nurse who came by that day and found her on the bathroom floor have left her there to die because she couldn't get up by herself?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
    Alex - I guess then you are not a fan of the younger generation assisting the older to stay independent? How about nursing homes? Assisted living?

Carrie
    There are a lot of people that aren't fans of any of those situations. My grandmother was abused in a nursing home, assisted living facilities are ok but for either a nursing home or an assisted living facility, you have to be dead fucking broke to enter one. My mom said that she wouldn't allow any of us to care for her if something like that occured and she actually said suicide would be an option at that point.
    Georgette

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Also, my mother fell down after having a seizure (she eventually died of brain cancer). Should the homecare nurse who came by that day and found her on the bathroom floor have left her there to die because she couldn't get up by herself?
    Brain cancer? It sounds like it would've been better for her to die that way.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps we should bash in the heads of mentally disabled children, too?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast