Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet Snapple page

pivot44 is offline Junior Member

Diet Snapple

What' the take on diet Snapple?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pivot44 View Post
    What' the take on diet Snapple?
    Aspartame is really, really not your friend.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Artificial sweeteners are no one's friend!

But yeah - the only zero calorie sweetener that is even remotely Primal is stevia. I recommend making your own iced tea and adding some lemon. The flavors are so much fresher and more interesting than the bottled stuff that you may not even miss the sweetness.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    It really amazes me more everyday how much our society has been duped into having to have everything sweet. It's as if it's incomprehensible to not have a sweetend drink or food. If you truly want to be healthy you need to get past this idea and stop looking for some fake alternative. This stuff should never have been approved by the FDA. It was/is a totally political sham and the info behind that sham is out there. Just take some time to find it. You are permanently damaging your health when you ingest aspartame. It is stored in fat cells, especially the brain and it accumulates. So anyone who only has it once a day or sometimes, it doesn't matter. It doesn't just leave the body. It's effects are accumulitive. I know more than a couple people who are suffering from auto-immune diseases and all of them are carb addicts and all of them have a history of diet soda use.

Get away from the sweets completely in all forms and in time you won't miss it even a little bit and you will realize just how insane all of this really is. We have an epidemic of illness all around us and it's not what I would call old people. No, it's very young people who should be fit and full of life and energy. But they are not. They are worn down, exhausted, their bodies failing them. It's all around us. It's here on this site too. We have been poisoned and led to believe that it's normal. It's time to stop the madness. Eat only whole real clean foods and drink pure clean water.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    If you truly want to be healthy you need to get past this idea and stop looking for some fake alternative...It's time to stop the madness. Eat only whole real clean foods and drink pure clean water.
    Seriously.

Every time I hear someone ask "what about soda/diet soda/energy drinks/flavored drink powders/etc" I wonder, in capital letters, WHY???

If it's not real food, don't consume it. Duh.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Seriously.

Every time I hear someone ask "what about soda/diet soda/energy drinks/flavored drink powders/etc" I wonder, in capital letters, WHY???

If it's not real food, don't consume it. Duh.
    +1. I also despise protein powder discussions. I'd much rather just eat some beef!

But, you have to admit that only eating whole real foods can seem radical in our era of processed frankenfoods and nutritionism. I definitely understand why it can take some time for the idea to really sink in and take hold.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I loved diet coke and had at least one per day for a few years. I didn't have withdrawals or anything when I just stopped cold turkey and I didn't die. The coolest part about getting rid of all this sweetened crap (as Forever Young mentioned) is that fruit is now *extremely* sweet to me and I enjoy the heck out of it. Sometimes I will add a drop of stevia to my berries and cream and it turns into, essentially, melted ice cream. It still amazes me how sweet this stuff is if you aren't bombarding your taste buds with sweet stuff all the time.

I still "splurge" and have an 8oz diet coke about once every 3 weeks or so. And it usually winds up not being totally drunk by me (a kid will finish it) because a few sips and any thought of "good" diet coke has been erased from my mind.

Snapple is crap, any way you look at it.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theholla View Post
    But yeah - the only zero calorie sweetener that is even remotely Primal is stevia. I recommend making your own iced tea and adding some lemon. The flavors are so much fresher and more interesting than the bottled stuff that you may not even miss the sweetness.
    I totally second this! I make my own iced tea these days with good loose-leaf black tea, add some lemon to it, and if I want sweet, I add a drop of stevia extract--my iced tea tastes so much better than the bottled stuff.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    This is my sticking point at the moment. I still "need" my Diet Coke. I drink it for breakfast (instead of coffee - YUCK!!!) or tea. I actually don't like hot drinks at all. I like something flavored and have tried different flavored waters (mint, lemon, lime, etc.) and they actually trigger migraines! I think I am going to try iced tea next week and see how that goes. I know Diet Coke isn't good for me if for no other reason than when I drink too much of it, I get terrible tummy pains. You would think that would be a deterrant!!

Carrie

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I loved diet coke and had at least one per day for a few years. I didn't have withdrawals or anything when I just stopped cold turkey and I didn't die. The coolest part about getting rid of all this sweetened crap (as Forever Young mentioned) is that fruit is now *extremely* sweet to me and I enjoy the heck out of it. Sometimes I will add a drop of stevia to my berries and cream and it turns into, essentially, melted ice cream. It still amazes me how sweet this stuff is if you aren't bombarding your taste buds with sweet stuff all the time.

I still "splurge" and have an 8oz diet coke about once every 3 weeks or so. And it usually winds up not being totally drunk by me (a kid will finish it) because a few sips and any thought of "good" diet coke has been erased from my mind.

Snapple is crap, any way you look at it.
    Please please do not ever give a child anything with aspertame in it. We don't yet even know all the effects it can have and their bodies are developing still. It is a known carcinogen. It is linked to brain tumors and was shot down 7 times by the FDA before a new head of the FDA was appointed who coincidently had ties with the developer of aspartame. There was/is billions of dollars involved here. It is one of the biggest and deadliest frauds ever perpetrated upon the public. This junk is banned in many countries because the evidence is simply too overwhelming. I cringe when I see anyone drink the stuff but my heart sinks when I see well intending parents giving their kids the stuff thinking its healthier than sugar. It's not and that is saying a lot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast