Thread: THIS IS IT. I'm going into medicine. page

milly3 is offline Member

THIS IS IT. I'm going into medicine.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey y'all...
    I don't know what forum to put this in so I'm throwing it out here.
    Through a series of strange, intense experiences that I won't go into, it has suddenly been made clear to me that I need and want to be a doctor. I didn't think I was the type of person who believed in "callings" , though I am a devout Christian; I was quite content with my field of study, I thought. The idea of medicine was vaguely in my mind for the past few months. But about 48 hours ago it all changed, crystallized into something absolutely real.
    This will require an extra year of college to finish pre-requisites, and a decade of intense training...I am totally aware of that. But I have never felt this RIGHT and at peace with what I am doing, not in my entire life. On the other hand, I am so excited I can barely eat or sleep (ironic, no?). I just wanted to share this tremendous joy and exciting shift in my life, because I think all the hard thought and effort of changing my ideas about food and well-being has both shaped this calling and will continue to. So THANK YOU because I think you changed my life.
    Last edited by milly3; 04-19-2011 at 07:09 PM.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    You too!

OMIGOF!

Only, you know... I'm a satanist, so I'm just going into medicine to make money and ruin people's lives.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations, Milly
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Good for you!!! Congratulations--I know you will make a fine doctor!!

stuffguru is offline Member
    Way to go! This sort of thing happened to me as well, I'm in school and I just changed my major from linguistics to microbiology and bio chemistry. I want to contribute to the body of research in human metabolism. Keep fighting the good fight milly!
    Homo sum, humani nil a me alienum puto

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post

Only, you know... I'm a satanist, so I'm just going into medicine to make money and ruin people's lives.
    As a satanist I thought your primary goal would be to make money, and if people's lives are ruined in the process, it would be of no concern to you. Do I detect some bitterness? Maybe you need to have a heart-to-heart with Lucifer.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!! When you start your practice can you be near me so I have a primal doc to go see?

Darth is collecting souls, but first gets all their money and makes them miserable. Its a win-win.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Paleobird Guest
    The world needs more Primal doctors. Good for you. We all wish you well.