Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair, Nails, & Skin, Oh Yeah! page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

Hair, Nails, & Skin, Oh Yeah!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since going Primal appx. 4 months ago, in addition to the insane fat loss, energy levels, and great sleep, I have noticed that my hair has been growing much faster and is much healthier. My nails are growing much faster, and my skin is never dry and looks great! Anyone else experiencing any of this good stuff? Loving being Primal!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Yup, same here. The hair and nails growing faster, while appreciated as an indicator of improved health, is annoying as hell because I have to trim them more often. But the skin improvement is nice.

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Yup, same here. The hair and nails growing faster, while appreciated as an indicator of improved health, is annoying as hell because I have to trim them more often. But the skin improvement is nice.
    Haha, I hear ya! I hate trimming my nails!

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Congrats, Gun5! I look forward to that myself in a couple more months.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

StarStup is offline Member
    Funny, I was just noticing today that my hair seems to be growing faster!

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    For the first time in about a decade my hair feels thicker than it did the previous month.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

DKSABS is offline Member
    How long does it normally take before you start noticing these benefits?

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Hair especially takes many months for the effects of the change to work themselves out. What happened to me, from a starting point of thinning hair, was first that the loss slowed right down, then it fell out like hair was going out of fashion, and finally stabilised with much less loss than ever before. I think I'm getting some more coverage - hooray! Also, individual strands are thicker, and split ends have gone from about 9/10 hairs to about 1/20. Neat. But the definitely positive signs didn't become clear for at least 6 months.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing this for six weeks - still waiting for nails and hair - but my partner told me yesterday that my skin was looking great. He's never said that before.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm, not noticed my nails but I've had my hands in so much grout, mortar mix, been covered in paint, so they're a mess most of the time. And my hair has always been really thick. I wish it would thin out. I get my hair cut every six weeks (I wear it really short) and my hairdresser is always amazed at how much hair I have. I have to have it thinned out. My skin, OTOH, looks pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast