Thread: Feel tired, grumpy and nauseous :( page

lovelymamu is offline Junior Member

Feel tired, grumpy and nauseous :(

Primal Fuel
    I've been doing this about 4 days now and I feel very nauseous...especially in the morning after my first meal...Also, I'm very tired and grumpy without my carbs...will this go away??

TIA ~ Kristie

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Standard "low-carb flu." Your body needs time to adjust to fat-burning instead of sugar-burning for energy. It'll last a few days to 2 weeks in most cases. A much smaller percentage of people experience it for up to a couple months. Hang in there -- it's worth it.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    A lot of people experience flu-like symptoms when they start on a Paleo or Primal way of eating. Yes, it will lessen/go away with time as your body gets used to eating healthy, real foods and heals from all the years of rubbish eating.

Carrie

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    yes it will. The more dilligent and strict you are the faster it will pass. Sleep lots, drink lots of water. eat bacon. It's worth it.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry, it definately goes away and you feel SO much better than before when it does! It's just your body adjusting to the change of diet, it'll function better soon =]
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    What the ladies here have said!

PS: nauseated, not nauseous.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)