Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal moves that improve posture? page

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member

Question Primal moves that improve posture?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was wondering if there are any primal fitness moves/exercises that could help with posture?
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

PatrickF is offline Senior Member
    What kind of posture problems are you thinking of?

Planks, squats and barefoot sprints might help a lot in strengthening posture related muscles.

Thanks, I just don't think I sit up straight and such, I don't have strong core, or back muscles at the moment so that is probably why. planks might be good to try.

proo is offline Member
    Posture can be worked on 24/7, no postures required. Now that you are aware, line it up and make it your new normal

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, Planks, squats and deadlifts are good for posture.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Deadlifts and OH squats will fix most problems for most people. Posture is a very personal thing though - what are your particular postural problems?

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Try what I call "Supermans" (they probably have a name, I just don't know it). Just lay on the floor on your stomach, put your arms out in front of you like Superman, and raise your arms and legs a few inches of the ground. Hold that position as long as possible.

Back extensions may be beneficial as well. And I agree with the everyone else on the deadlifts/squats.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Strength training with good form.
    Feldenkrais.
    Awareness of the issue and repeated self-correction until good posture becomes your new habit.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    I highly recommend planks. I discovered that my weak abs were a serious problem during a weekend tango festival a few weeks ago -- my midsection would sag during leaning moves and my lower back would curve too much. I ended up with a ridiculous amount of back pain. I've been doing planks 3x a week now to combat it.

I also agree about deadlifts and squats but proper form is absolutely essential for these. I've seen too many people really screw up their backs doing deadlifts with poor form.

No real posture problems. I feel like if i work full body movements i will be fine. I know when my core is strong i stand taller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast