Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does coconut oil promote more weightloss than other fats? page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

Does coconut oil promote more weightloss than other fats?

Primal Fuel
    I've been hearing a lot recently about coconut oil and weightloss. Is there something more miraculous about coconut oil than our other fat brethren that helps to shed extra pounds? I'd love to see any research that's been if someone has it.

Thanks!

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Apparently it's all the Medium Chain Fatty acids that rev up your metabolism. It's also got great natural anti-bacterial/anti-viral properties. All I know is that the more coconut oil & milk I have in my diet, the faster I seem to lose fat. So...it could be all in my head, or it could be true.

Well I recently was at a plateau, and I hadn't been eating coconut oil/butter in awhile. Then I added it back into my diet and started sprinting...magically I'm down almost a pound since the two days I did it. It was probably the sprinting, but it still made me so darn curious. Thanks for the info on the MCT!

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    Goldensparrow you might find this site of interest: Coconut Research Center Home Page

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Told ya, goldensparrow. Hooray for CO + sprinting!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Research is quite compelling. I would totally recommend any of the books by Bruce Fife, N.D. he wrote the coconut oil miracle as well as many others. MCFA convert almost Immediately to energy rather than fat storage, and coconut oil is surprisingly alot fewer calories than other oils if you are watching calories. It is also shown to wake up a lazy thyroid, and really support healthy metabolic function. I hate the taste of coconut, but find that the expellor pressed that they make for cooking has helped me ALOT with fat/weightloss. I melt it down for salad dressings, cook with it, and take it orally, for a total of about 4T daily, sometimes more. LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Told ya, goldensparrow. Hooray for CO + sprinting!

Yes you did! I was floored this morning for sure! I really couldn't believe it and thought my eyes had gone bad lol. It's so weird how the body releases a lot of fat overnight it seems instead of gradually. And I never knew that before becoming Primal and researching.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Goldensparrow you might find this site of interest: Coconut Research Center Home Page
    Thank you! I will check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessGrok View Post
    Research is quite compelling. I would totally recommend any of the books by Bruce Fife, N.D. he wrote the coconut oil miracle as well as many others. MCFA convert almost Immediately to energy rather than fat storage, and coconut oil is surprisingly alot fewer calories than other oils if you are watching calories. It is also shown to wake up a lazy thyroid, and really support healthy metabolic function. I hate the taste of coconut, but find that the expellor pressed that they make for cooking has helped me ALOT with fat/weightloss. I melt it down for salad dressings, cook with it, and take it orally, for a total of about 4T daily, sometimes more. LOVE IT.

You know I've been wanting to read those, but I put in an order with my library....I'm trying to hold out until it comes in.

That's very interesting about it converting straight to energy. I always feel like I have a lot more energy after I eat some....that's probably why huh?

I'd say I've been eating about 3 tbsp daily. I was a little worried at first, but it's nice to know now that I don't have anything to worry about.

hannahm34 is offline Member
    I think it may have been the CO that made you bust through the plateau. I've been researching CO and have had a major plateau for the last 6-8 months. (had a baby and my thyroid/adrenals are all out of whack) I started taking about 4 tbs a day and within 2 weeks lost 4 pounds!!!! The last few days I've been doing 6 tbs!!!! THe energy I'm experiencing is AMAZING!!!! Especially with a sluggish thyroid and shot adrenals!!! I'm hoping that this is due to the CO. It makes you very full as well!!
    From the research I've read.....it doesn't get stored in the body...just used as energy. At first I was worried about all those extra cals (esp since I gain easily) however I have read numerous places to not even count the CO cals since they are just used as energy. I have not been counting and effortlessly losing. (I hope it continues!!!) And let me tell you 6-7 tbs of CO is well over 800 cals!
    Let me know how you do with the CO! I'm interested to see if it works for you the same way!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast