Thread: Weird..anyone had anything like this happen? page

Nettle is offline Senior Member

Weird..anyone had anything like this happen?

Weirdness is happening to me today. I'm on my third week.

To be blunt my head is a dripping snot and mucus factory. Not just out of my nose but inside . My ears seem to be draining as well.

I'm not sick and don't have any allergies that I know of. I didn't feel stuffed up before and breathed fine and am breathing fine. Yet I'm feeling like my head is releasing pressure and goo that I didn't even realize was there. I am sneezing off at on but it's not from irritation or like what usually happens if I'm fighting off some sort of bug it's just sneezing out all sort of snotty stuff.

I've never had anything quite like this happen before.

skookum is offline Senior Member
    You, my friend, have what methinks to be the LOW-CARB FLU. Eek!
    What you have sounds like allergic rhinitis - hay fever. Being three weeks into the PB, however, I suspect that you're just experiencing the effects of going off the bad carbs. We all experience it a little differently. Take it easy on yourself, seek comfort, and stay on track. It's your best bet. I'll be over in a week or so.

EDIT: or do you mean to say your three weeks into the mucus-fest? IF that's what you mean, oopsie, and I flip-glop back to hay-fever. It's early spring in Ontario, right? Have you tried something for hayfever? I myself, am having a horrible hay fever season, the worst in many years.
    Last edited by skookum; 04-19-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skookum View Post
    You, my friend, have what methinks to be the LOW-CARB FLU. Eek!
    What you have sounds like allergic rhinitis - hay fever. Being three weeks into the PB, however, I suspect that you're just experiencing the effects of going off the bad carbs. We all experience it a little differently. Take it easy on yourself, seek comfort, and stay on track. It's your best bet. I'll be over in a week or so.

EDIT: or do you mean to say your three weeks into the mucus-fest? IF that's what you mean, oopsie, and I flip-glop back to hay-fever. It's early spring in Ontario, right? Have you tried something for hayfever? I myself, am having a horrible hay fever season, the worst in many years.
    No it's just started today. I don't think it's hay fever as I've never had it before. Spring has always been a-okay.

Well if it's just a carb flu symptom then I can deal. I feel fine overall. Just have to make sure I have the toilet roll handy where ever I am. LOL

I hope it's a soft TP!

Reborn Grokker is offline Senior Member
    Did you cut way back on dairy products--or cut them out? Dairy makes phlegm thicker, so maybe it just started loosening up.
    Heidi

33yo, 5'6", 158lbs, size 10 jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn Grokker View Post
    Did you cut way back on dairy products--or cut them out? Dairy makes phlegm thicker, so maybe it just started loosening up.
    No not really. I didn't eat tons of dairy before and it's stayed about the same. Yogurt on some days and a small bit of cheese here and there and I have increase my butter use.

I'm sorta leaning to a symptom of carb flu as I seem to be developing a hankering for french fries right now.

Or maybe that or just eating better is making something I didn't think was really wrong fix itself? Maybe it's connected with inflamation? Or wheat eating? All I know is that my head (sinuses I guess) and ears are feeling better (even with all the drainage) even though I didn't realize they could feel better. Maybe I was just used to how they felt before.

Or maybe I am fighting off some sort of bug and because of my diet change it's just doing it differently now then such a thing felt like before.

I've always rather thought that was what the Low Carb Flu was... just the body rebalancing itself, cleaning itself, re-adjusting levels and exposing previously masked issues until they resolve. In a couple weeks, as clusters of issues and individual symptoms resolve, we begin to feel fantastic, which is really just our new normal. It feels fantastic because we didn't know any better.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    Or maybe that or just eating better is making something I didn't think was really wrong fix itself? Maybe it's connected with inflamation? Or wheat eating? All I know is that my head (sinuses I guess) and ears are feeling better (even with all the drainage) even though I didn't realize they could feel better. Maybe I was just used to how they felt before.
    This. I had a low level chronic sinus inflammation and general stuffed up feeling for so long I thought it was normal. It was ditching the dairy that made it go away for me.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I went through the same thing. For a while I was a bit freaked out at just how much goo seemed to drain out of my sinuses. Disgusting to boot. It went on for days, then cleared up and everything has felt amazing since. Well, I ate pretty badly for a few days in a row, and my hearing went all wierd on one side until it drained again... Ew. Ew ew ew ew!

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    I don't think it's hay fever as I've never had it before. Spring has always been a-okay.
    I never had allergies growing up or as a young adult, and then one spring, BAM!! From then on every spring has been tough!