How is this lipid panel?

Shop Now
    Trig: 84
    Chol: 175
    HDL: 48
    LDL: 110
    VLDL: 17
    Glucose: 90

During the week that I had it, I was eating a little bit more of carbs. Are my ratios good?

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Not too bad how long have you been paleo/primal? My friends and I have all been following paleo for a couple years and we always compare our lipid panels. Normally our HDL's are a bit higher ranging from 80-100. (This probably has a lot to do with the amount of exercise we do too) Your LDL's are pretty good. Trigs should be lower as well, for my small group we range from 30-50. Otherwise its not too bad.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

mwok86 is offline Senior Member
    I thought eating coconut oil would boost HDL level. Although just before this test, I was eating primal and then stopped being primal for 2 weeks and then went back to being primal. Perhaps that could have affected the levels.