Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction and allergy concerns page

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi everyone,

Just a little about myself:

I'm 20, a student majoring in Electrical Engineering, I love music and play guitar, and am always on the lookout for any method of bettering myself as I've been overweight for probably 10 years.

I've been practicing the Warrior Diet for about 2 and a half months now. I fast (sometimes eat a vegetable, nut or fruit in the early afternoon) about 20 hours everyday (if you count sleep) and eat a large meal during the last 4 hours of the day. About a month ago, I discovered MDA (my PB book is on order) and now I eat as primal as possible during the 4 hour eating window. I've cut out grains completely, eat between 50-100g of carbs a day (I don't actually measure that value) and eat as much protein and good fat as possible. I feel great and have lost 10 pounds overall but have also gained so much muscle mass. I feel more limber and more at peace with my own body/body cycles than ever.

But, over the past week, I've been slowly breaking out in hives all over my body and even in my mouth. My doctor thinks it's a herpetic infection but I can't think of anyway I got it or anyone I could have gotten it from. I've been eating more nuts than I ever have before and am very afraid that I've somehow developed an allergy to nuts.

I guess I'm asking for any advice on how to treat it or any advice on what to stay away from in terms of medication. My doctor prescribed me on an anti-viral, acyclovir, and I've been taking a little benadryl. There's improvement but not much.

Any advice? Thanks for any help!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Heres a good thread on what to do about hives:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...6-hives-update

Maybe the same thing is going on with you? Also, have you been tested for herpes before being put on Acyclovir?

This may be obvious, but I would avoid nuts for a while... or anything else that seems like a link to the hives.

Keep us updated!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Thanks for the link!

They took some blood to check for simplex 1 and 2 during the same visit that I was prescribed the Acyclovir. My prescription is only for a week and I'm going back to see my doctor next week. Is there any reason I should be wary of Acyclovir? I haven't done much research on it.

I'm definitely avoiding nuts for a while (which sucks, they taste unimaginably good after fasting).

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Hi,

I'd rule out the obvious stuff first - have you changed laundry powder, new clothes, anything environmental?

Then I think avoid nuts just to see.

Hope it clears up soon!

A few days before I started noticing it (before it got bad) I had just bought a bunch of new stuff. New shampoo, new body wash soap, and a ton of new foods I hadn't had before or hadn't had in a long time.

I'm not using any of that stuff anymore to see if that helps. I'm going to have to see an allergist soon. I'd heard that allergies can work on a 7 year cycle and, being 20, I would just about be nearing the start of another 7 year cycle. I don't know if I believe that though. I've just never had an allergic reaction - or any reaction for that matter - like this.

If it gets worse you should really ask your doc about a prednisone pill pack. This will help provided that there is a CAUSE to your hives. In addition allergies CAN change, but I dont know about the 7tr thing. I was crazy allergic to penicillin when I was a tot, and now its one of the two antibiotics I CAN take w/o a reaction. Blarg. When you co to the allergist take your products (new and old to find any different ingredients) and maybe some time line for the hives.

Also if you do have hives they probably itch worse than anything, is that the case?

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

They're pretty itchy sometimes but I can't say it's the most discomfort I've ever had. Right now, as I type this, I feel no urge to scratch away any itch. Either way, it's getting much better day by day I think. Would them being itchy or not point to anything?

I would hesitate to say they are hives if you dont want to rip your skin off... but that my personal experience. If they are getting hetter though, they will itch less. The histamine rxn has stopped and now (hopefully) its just the inflammation that needs to dissapear.

Yeah, my lips are still pretty swollen. I was told it looks like I got Botox. I hope not. I've never heard of a guy getting Botox before!

triple_warmer Guest

PrimalCon New York

It could also be a healing/cleansing reaction since you've started to clean up your diet.

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com.../menu1_1_1.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast