Lunch:
    Avocado

Snack:
    Cashews
    Tea with cup milk

Dinner:
    8oz steak
    bell peppers, onions, mushroom

I take vitamins. I compared my average days eating to my RDAs and was lacking in a few areas, so I supplemented. Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com this is a good site if you would like to check things out for yourself.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

The real answer is in your blood tests, and combine that with where you want things to be.

I take a lot myself, and my doc picks them. If I just went to the vitamin store and took my best shot, I wouldn't have picked the same things and I would probably waste a lot of money, and miss out on some things as well.

I think people that say they they don't need any supplements at all are missing out, but that is their choice.

According to the blood report I had a couple of weeks ago, I was low in Vitamin D (strange since I do drink milk everyday, about maybe a cup). Would Centrum Performance be a good vitamin supplement?

I would think getting a decent multivitamin and a separate D would be a good idea. D is often touted around here in fairly high levels, and I believe D is one of the most common deficiencies there is. You should feel a lot more energetic when it is back up to where it should be.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Quote Originally Posted by mwok86 View Post
    According to the blood report I had a couple of weeks ago, I was low in Vitamin D (strange since I do drink milk everyday, about maybe a cup). Would Centrum Performance be a good vitamin supplement?
    Milk is over-rated.

Most vitamin gurus recommend about 2,000IU a day. You may be able to figure out a better number since you have a recent test.

I'm doing 10,000 IU per my doc.

I track my RDA, Omega 6:3 ratio, Inflammatory index and glycemic load. I blow most of the RDA away via diet but there are things here and there that I come up short on depending what I have been eating. I usually eat the same thing everyday for a week or more. So I supplement. And living in NE Ohio I have to take 5000IU of D3. I was severely deficient, 21 first test, last test bumped up on 70. I'm due to have it checked.

Shop Now
    I just checked the vitamin D supplement I had and it contains soybean oil. The centrum performance contains hydrogenated palm oil....so artificial trans fat.