Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somewhat OT: Any Game of Thrones fans?

Somewhat OT: Any Game of Thrones fans?

Shop Now
    I say somewhat OT, because I wanted to link to my Grain-Free Game of Thrones Feast that I made for the HBO premiere.

Any fans of the books here? Did you watch the HBO show? I plan on making a main dish from the books every Sunday for the next 9 weeks--I'll put them on my blog.

canio6 Guest
    Hells yeah. The books rock though I have been going mental for the last seems like dozen years waiting for the newest. I was really happy with how the show turned out. I'll definitely check out your blog. if you figure out a grain free lemon cake you will be my GF's hero.

Just went to the blog...holy hells. I am totally watching the next episode at your house. That food rocks! And a grain free lemon cake. You are my new hero.
    Last edited by canio6; 04-19-2011 at 07:29 AM.

I have given Camelot on Starz and Game of Thones a try... I freaking LOOOOVE Camelot (cos I love Eva Green!) but not quite sure what I think of Game of Thrones yet... but I've only seen one episode... I'll continue to give it a try...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

California Native living in land locked Kansas
    We watched it on Sunday. Hubby read book but i haven't yet. i liked it!
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Yep! Love the books - getting tired of waiting for A Dance with Dragons, though...

LOVE it! I can't wait until they get more into Tyrion and The Hound's characters.

"The things I do for love" had my stepmom gasping. She'd never read the books. And whoa, the dude they got for Viserys is perfect.

Watching it tomorrow night or sometime Thursday. Will give my review then.
    Georgette

I just downloaded the first book onto my e-reader, once I finish the last of the Girl with the Dragon tattoo book, I'll be starting it. We don't subscribe to HBO up here (its part of a package, that would cost me big bucks monthly to get that channel, and its the only channel we'd watch!). I will however have my husband acquire a copy.
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Watched the first episode last night...eh...so much sex! Maybe it was just the mood I was in but I got tired of all the banging going on. Are the books as bad?

I think it has potential, I'm going to keep watching but can't say I'm really a fan yet.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    Shop Now
    LOVE the books, dying for the next (already pre-ordered for my Nook) and loving the HBO series. So far, I've enjoyed the casting. And I think they did a good job of introducing the crazy plots in a pretty clear way. I wish there were more book series that were as good. The only other that I've enjoyed as much is the Acacia series by David Anthony Durham.

The books have a lot of sex- I tell my friends it's like Harry Potter with an R rating. Not sure what George RR Martin would say about that, though.