Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought my first hand gun. Anyone else own one? page

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member

Bought my first hand gun. Anyone else own one?

Primal Fuel
    So i have had my concealed carry license for three years now and have yet to buy a gun lol. Yesterday I bought a CZ 75 D PCR Compact 9mm. I won't get it for a couple weeks because I am having a trigger job done and tru dot night sights put in by CZ Custom. I've picked out new grips, and recoil spring. I've also found a guy who does hand made holsters and another guy who is going to polish my barrel to give it some bling haha. Anyways like the title says who else owns one, brand and model?
    Last edited by Bostonbully; 04-19-2011 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Live Free or Die"

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Have a Glock model 23, a modified S&W 38 cal. and Taurus 357 mag...

Paleobird Guest
    I had never had one before but someone broke into my house a while back so I got to thinking that it might be a good idea. I got a Ruger revolver. Built like a brick. No need for frequent cleanings, oiling etc. and I don't plan on spending a lot of time at the shooting range. I just want it loaded and in the nightstand drawer for that "just in case" that I hope will never happen.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Currently the only gun I own is for home protection ... Beretta 96 .40 cal.
    I'd like to get more though, saving up for either a shotgun (probably either a Bernelli or Remington) or a Sig 556 (rifle).
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

SpecOps your Sig was built 15 minutes from my house in Epping, NH.

Phil-SC my buddy just bout a 38 special Taurus. He was going to get the 357 but it is his first gun and the 38 was cheaper.

Paleobird lets home you never have to use it. I live in a very good town but I'm going to teach my wife how to shoot just incase.
    "Live Free or Die"

AmyMac703 my buddy has a Beretta Extrema. It is an expensive gun but he hunts anything that moves (for food actually). Anyways it has such little recoil that I have seen him shoot a 12 guage slug one handed and he isn't a big guy at all.
    "Live Free or Die"

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a 9mm fan, leans more towards a .45 1911 style myself but that is about all that I have carried and shot over the last 30 years. For your first handgun for self defense, I would recommend a wheel gun (revolver) over a semi-auto. Semi-autos are fine if you spend a good bit of time at the range to get used to the safety (s), not as much a consideration with a double-action semi as a single-action like the 1911 styles. But a revolver, if its loaded, you just point and shoot. No magazines (they are not clips, they are magazines) and no safety to deal with. In a revolver, I would go with a .357 mag since it is a decent round (stopping power) if you use the right ammo and at the range, you can shoot .38 specials for practice. Ruger's are pretty hard to beat. I have had both the Speed Six and Security Six and they shot better than I do.

If you want a revolver in a larger caliber, I heard that Charter Arms is starting to make the .44 special Bulldog again. Used to have one and loved it. 3" barrel, 5 shots, easy to carry.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

norak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonbully View Post
    It is an expensive gun but he hunts anything that moves (for food actually).
    Wow. He eats burglars and robbers? Now that's Primal...

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I have a Browning BDM 9mm and a Dan Wesson .357 with an 8 inch barrel, which is pretty impractical (for me) but it was my father's. My mother offered it to me so I said "YES!" I need to get out to the range but I hate indoor ranges and most outdoor are a bit of a drive and I've been damned busy.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glock .40, Model 22, husband has the model 27.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast