Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you have dessert? Any suggestions? page

loy2scully is offline Junior Member

Do any of you have dessert? Any suggestions?

Shop Now
    Hi everyone - I'm new here, and haven't quite gotten through the whole book yet. I'm doing pretty good so far with changing to completely Primal. I started last year doing P90X, and lost about 3-4 inches of body fat by doing that and cutting out carbs, so it's been a bit easier getting rid of the grains for me than maybe some others.
    However, I've got a HORRIBLE sweet tooth! I'm fine throughout the day, but for some reason, at night I just CRAVE something sweet, usually chocolate. I'm worried it will derail my progress, but I feel I'm missing out not having something.
    Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it? Any advice would be most helpful! Thanks!

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    85% dark chocolate?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Fruit?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    Hey, I'm similar to you I've got a very extravagant sweet tooth. My solution has been:
    (1) Making homemade Greek yogurt, very easy, just google instructions or message me and I'll tell you what I did. You'll end up making full-fat creamy Greek yogurt which may only need like 1-2 tsp honey to sweeten which isn't that bad at all carb-wise.
    (2) 1 cup of butter, softened + 2 egg yolks + 1/2 cup berries (any fruit you like, berries are low-GI and low-carb) + 1/4 cup coconut shavings.
    Blend. Freeze for 30 mins. Take out and roll into little 1-inch balls and roll onto coconut shavings. pop one in your mouth anytime you have a sweet craving. The fat will make you so full you won't want anything else.
    (3) Dark dark chocolate.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Greek yogurt and frozen berries works for me - almost makes an ice creamy dessert
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, fruit and chocolate. And coconut milk. Any combination of these will do the trick.

RennieVan is offline Member
    85% dark chocolate with a handful of dried cherries.

vibrantblue is offline Junior Member
    Oh, this is the thread for me. I have been craving craving craving sweets. Ill have to give those coconut balls a go....

loy2scully is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! They rock! I'll definitely have to try the coconut balls too. What about melting some 85% dark chocolate in some almond milk for a hot chocolate kind of drink?

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating frozen strawberries with heavy whipping cream and a dash of vanilla in the food processor.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast