Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have trouble eating on this diet? page

Trishie is offline Member

Does anyone have trouble eating on this diet?

Primal Fuel
    I have been on this diet for about three days and I have been having trouble finishing my food. Just now I made dinner which was supposed to be 1/2 lemon roasted herb chicken, mixed veggies. I barely got through the chicken breast and ate none of the vegetables. Earlier today I had a protein shake (breakfast), an avocado salad with tomato, 2 slices of bacon and a dollop of sour cream (and I wasn't hungry for most of the day after that meal) and about two hours before dinner I had a piece of aged cheddar. Is this normal? I am also extremely warm after eating these meals (except for the shake). Really weird changes going on here folks. Any insights? Thanks you guys!

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Just roll with it. Eat when you are hungry, stop when you are not hungry. Some times the appetite goes away, sometimes it comes roaring back.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

peril is offline Senior Member
    So long as you are energetic, this is not a problem. Your body will react to changes and its only been three days. It can take weeks to stabilise after making dietary changes. Try walking an hour a day and look at all of the primal laws
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Trishie is offline Member
    Okay. Lettin' it roll. Thanks!

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Yeah - me too - I am amazed at how much less food I am eating these days, and I am much less hungry than I was when I was eating probably near twice as many calories before primal blueprint eating.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    You'll stop having trouble eating if you work out every day for 1+ hours.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    That's why I IF. I eat a biggish breakfast and a biggish lunch then nothing until breakfast. Is it because I'm on a religious journey? No, hardly. It's because I'm not hungry. Eating this way really does bring us back to the way we were supposed to eat. There was no 3 meals + 2 snacks a day 40,000 years a go. It was, gee - there's a lot food, let's eat it all. Maybe we'll get to eat again tomorrow.

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    I think this is the one reason this WOE has worked well for me in terms of weight loss and not feeling deprived. I am just not as hungry as I was before. I have become very in tune to only eat when hungry and stop when full. I always had difficulty with that in the past when I was eating all starchy carbs all the time!

Carroe

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    When I lower my carbs enough to hit ketosis I find I am rarely ever hungry. I was tracking my calories, carbs and protein with fitday.com and found that most days I was eating 800 or less calories yet never felt the urge to raid the fridge and would be full half way through dinner (i rarely ever eat breakfast or lunch anyway). My biggest challenge with this way of life is my work schedule and the pressure others put on me to eat something because they feel I am not eating sufficient amounts. I tend to give into social pressures and eat half a bagel or an apple just to shut them up and not have to argue about it.
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I find some days I'm not very hungry and other days I have a raging, insatiable appetite. I think the best thing to do is just go with it. What I need to learn is to always have healthy things around that can be quickly prepared for those days when I'm a bottomless pit so that I don't just eat off my roommate's plate...
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast