Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The future starts now page 3

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Whiny guys IRRITATE me.. Its like OMG give me my freedom .. then that pretty much sums up why I'm single I love my freedom

Maybe instead of handing out the handy dandy health grains phamplet .. Print out some Whole 30 challenges .. lol and be like.. well this is how I lost such and such and I would recommend this over the sheets I am *suppose* to hand out .. then give them one of each and let them do their research if they want..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I'll print out the Robb Wolf Getting Started Guide. Of course if it gets back to management, I am in serious trouble. My org. likes to micromanage everything we do to decrease liability...

morning: a bit of sledgehammer and kettlebell work, until I managed to hit myself in the knee with the sledgehammer. I still can't figure out how I managed that. Anyway, it's just a soft tissue injury. but skirts are not going to look pretty for the next two weeks.

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 strips bacon
    Lunch: BAS with lettuce, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, ham, peppers, olive oil, vinegar
    snack: iced coffee with cream
    dinner: small steak, roasted tomatoes with olive oil

I'm having a vigorous internal debate on giving up dairy. On the one hand, I know I'll lose weight if I do...but on the other hand, some days iced coffee is the only thing that makes work bearable (I love my job but it's like running a marathon for time every single day). Frankly, if I just have the iced coffee, and don't let things slide on the fruit, nuts, chocolate covered nuts (!) side, I'd probably have it made.

Spent the evening with my roommate and downstairs neighbor who came over for a visit. Sometimes I think I'm lazy about looking for a new boyfriend because I like my friends more than anyone I'm meeting. My roommate, who is a guy, is much more fun to be around than any of the guys that I've been meeting lately. Don't get any ideas; there's no romantic chemistry between us, and he's got a girlfriend who is perfect for him. We each started our own homemade sauerkraut projects tonight--the great sauerkraut competition is on.
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 1 T sour cream
    Lunch: Lettuce, ham, hearts of palm, peppers, homemade vinaigrette
    Dinner: Few ounces steak, roasted tomatoes, small bowl of cauliflower "rice" fried with ground beef, carrots, onions and kimchi (roommate's latest concoction), diet coke

Just discovered that I have to do a lot to re-certify for one of my specialties. The website is so convoluted, it's hard to know where to begin, or how to get my continuing ed hours documented. It's making my head hurt. It appears to start with an exam that doesn't have any prep materials. I'm not sure how much I know and how much I should study. I only practice in a small area of my specialty, because although I do women's health, I don't do any prenatal/neonatal care, so there's a lot of information I've forgotten. I'm really going to be in trouble when I need to re-cert for my adult certification in another year because that knowledge is completely atrophying. I'm not in the mood to review. The weather is finally nice here, I'm over my flu, and I want to take long walks and go to live shows with friends, not study and do CMEs. The certifying org is such a rip off; they want you to take all their CMEs instead of using ones from conferences and they charge a fortune. It's like how the mafia controls the garbage pickups and linen service for restaurants in New York...

My sister is doing a TED talk tomorrow in Jordan, by the Dead Sea. I would have loved to see her in person, because she is a great speaker. The flight to Jordan was beyond my budget though. I'm hoping they'll have a video online. We are total opposites. She loves to speak in front of a crowd and I absolutely dread it. I've been quite sad since she moved to Saudi Arabia this winter. Last summer we spent a lot of time together at our mother's house in Vermont, doing WOWs and cooking great primal food. I'm really going to miss having her around this summer. I had really hoped that she would be able to go to Primal Con with me...maybe next year!

breakfast: kimchi fried cauliflower "rice" with ground beef
    lunch: lamb, yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion
    dinner: kimchi rice, 4 oz steak, kimchi

I guess I was really in the mood for kimchi today.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see you're feeling better.

A kimchi day? I've only recently tried it, had never heard of kimchi before MDA. Not bad, I haven't quite decided what it actually goes with yet. Still have half a jar in the fridge.

Have a great weekend

Yeah, we eat a lot of kimchi. I've been meaning to post the recipe for the kimchi stir-fry. Looking forward to making my own kimchi soon, so the bacteria will be alive. I'm not sure if we have active bacteria in what we buy at the store. It does have to live in the refrigerator. The ingredients are in English but all the rest of the details are in Korean, so who knows...

Saturday was a disaster foodwise. Chocolate covered almonds, rum and diet coke and a scallion pancake were involved. And a hangover the next morning. On the plus side, I learned to do a new procedure at work (paracervical block...and I did not cry during the procedure, which was a small miracle, because the doctor teaching me is a bully and has been known to reduce many of us to tears in front of patients...only have to do it five more times before I'll be able to do it on my own) and had a nice evening out with friends.

Sunday
    breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 t. sour cream
    lunch: IF
    dinner: 3 homemade cabbage rolls in tomato sauce...a bit bland...we need to tinker with the recipe a bit
    Spent the evening cooking with an old friend in Brooklyn. We underestimated how long it would take to make cabbage rolls. I think next time we may turn it into cabbage lasagna, and cut down on prep time by about an hour!

Monday:
    Sprinting!
    Breakfast: IF
    lunch: cabbage and sausage stirfry
    dinner: cauliflower "rice," ground beef, carrots, celery, kimchi, stirfried with coconut oil and soy sauce

Breakfast: cauliflower rice beef kimchi
    lunch: same
    dinner: same, plus small salad of goat cheese and beets, diet coke

I had a very upsetting evening tonight, a family matter than I'm not allowed to talk about or do anything about. It's incredibly frustrating but the person who was hurt wants to keep the entire incident a secret. And that's how things like this continue, because the criminal gets away with it. I'm just full of rage tonight.
    Last edited by superdeluxe; 05-03-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post

I had a very upsetting evening tonight, a family matter than I'm not allowed to talk about or do anything about. It's incredibly frustrating but the person who was hurt wants to keep the entire incident a secret. And that's how things like this continue, because the criminal gets away with it. I'm just full of rage tonight.
    Really sorry to hear this. Can you find some way to channel your rage?? Beat the crap out of something with your sledehammer. Maybe after some time you can channel it into something positive??

<<hugs>>

Yeah, I've been letting it get to me. The story got worse all week. I keep writing it down here and then erasing it. The long and short of it is that somebody terribly betrayed my mother, and because she loves this person so much, she has managed to turn her anger at him towards me (and someone else who is like a daughter to her). Maybe on a subconscious level she knows that we will not abandon her even if she rejects us. I'm very attached to her, especially as my father died 15 years ago, and there's nothing like feeling that your own mother hates you. It was pretty much the shittiest mother's day ever.

Yesterday I made a delicious beet salad with goat cheese mousse for Mother's Day, so if you're eating dairy, you should check it out:

http://tinyurl.com/6bdjgyo

I don't normally make root veg because of the high carbs, but we all love beet salad in my family, and it's such a pretty salad. Anyway, food this week was pretty good until Saturday night, when I had couple of rum and diet cokes (and went to bed very late or very early depending if we're talking about Saturday night or Sunday morning), and then quite a bit of sugar yesterday. I didn't have any grains, but had quite a bit of sugar. I really noticed my joints hurt today as a result.

My sister and I did a LHT workout via skype today. She's in Bahrain right now. I hadn't had a chance to talk to her since Primal Con so it was fun to fill her in on the details, and nice to remember a happier weekend.
    Last edited by superdeluxe; 05-09-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Good day. I lost my keys in the elevator shaft last night and was informed by the super that I could not purchase a new front door key (it's a special weird one), because they're no longer available...whatever that means. But tonight he managed to get my keys out of the elevator shaft. I gave him a big tip. I thought I was going to have to stand by the front door waiting for someone to walk in or out. Work was good and I got out when it was still light. An old friend who moved about five years ago, found my phone number and got in touch. I'm very pleased to have heard from her.

morning: kettlebell tabata x2 (I was still sore from LHT on Monday. Now I'm extra sore!)
    breakfast: iced coffee, cream
    lunch: roast chicken, lettuce, hearts of palm, olive oil, vinegar, goat cheese
    dinner: same salad
    snack, handful coconut shreds, one ounce dark chocolate, one ounce pecans

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast