Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The future starts now page 2

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, that really sucks. Hope you feel better tomorrow after good old OTC meds and a good night's sleep. Do you have a few days off over to recover?

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the message, Greensprout! I'm off Sunday and Monday. Supposed to go to my aunt's seder tomorrow night and really hate to miss it. I called to tell my uncle I wasn't coming and apparently half the guests have cancelled...

breakfast: iced coffee with cream x2
    lunch: few slices chicken, few slices pork, artichoke hearts, olive oil, balsamic
    dinner: salami

Is this food primal? Not really. I'm just picking at things I've found. I have tons of food from shopping but I have no energy to make anything or even eat something prepared by my roommate. I can barely get myself to work. Tomorrow is, of course, our busy day.

I'm so thankful I didn't get this before PrimalCon! Here's to surviving until Sunday...
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

And on another note, the comments on that success story today were something else. Dirty laundry meet public. Public, meet dirty laundry...and their best friend...

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    ohhh interesting .. How come I miss all the drama! ( or was I the one causeing it) hmmm .. ;-)
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    *off to check out the comments in the new success story*
    but first, I love what you said in your introductory post ( especially that last paragraph) I don't want to get burnt out on Primal. This is my lifestyle not a fad.
    Also, I need to find that book by Esther too.
    Calm the f**k down.

Wow I almost wish I stuck to the story instead of going back to read the comments.. Woweee ..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

Feeling slightly better. First day without a fever since Thursday. I got into bed after work last night and didn't get out until late afternoon today. Seems to have been just what I needed.

Breakfast: brussels sprouts, bacon, coconut oil
    lunch: salami, cauliflower
    dinner: salami, cauliflower

Tomorrow I'll start cooking proper food instead of just scrounging off of what my roommate has around.

My iPad arrived today; it had been shipped to my relatives, and they came into the city with it today (not specifically to bring me the iPad). It was such a treat after being stuck at home. I was supposed to see an old flame perform downtown tonight but I wasn't up to it. Plus, I was supposed to go with a friend that I haven't seen in 9 years. I just knew I'd be miserable out of my bed. So I stayed in with Angry Birds.

I'm glad your feeling better!! Happy Easter..

11 more lbs to go

Thanks! I felt very out of the holiday loop this year. I hope everyone made it through without eating too many Easter treats.

Yesterday sprinted very slowly in the morning. The legs were willing but the lungs were really junky. It was good to get outside again. I had a nice walk with a friend at lunch today.

Yesterday:
    brunch: 3 eggs, brussels sprouts, bacon
    dinner: beef salad bowl from chipotle, sweet potato, collard greens, strawberries, 2 oz chocolate
    snack: nuts (not ideal)

Today:
    lunch: chicken breast, hearts of palm, artichokes, olive oil, balsamic
    dinner: chicken breast, mushrooms, butter, small amount sour cream

A lot of times on the forums I see people say, "why didn't my doctor tell me the way I ate was unhealthy?" I tell about 30 percent of my patients that every day and they act like I am a crazy person. I guess if it's the first time they're hearing the message that grains are unhealthy it really is coming out of nowhere. And should I even bother talking about these things with my vegan patients? I have a feeling at the end of the day they go home and post facebook status updates about how unsupportive their NP was about their vegan lifestyle. Maybe tomorrow I'll only talk about breast exams and sexually transmitted infections. And when people complain about their weight, I'll give out our handy fact sheet on how to lose weight through eating lots of healthy whole grains.

I'm probably just cranky because I haven't recuperated yet. The work day definitely felt longer than usual. I'll persevere. At least even the vegans ask to see me again, so they can't think I'm that terrible.

I just told this guy that I can't go out with him because I'm still under the weather, and he was really whiny about it. I think I'm going to call it off entirely. I wasn't in to him after the first date but I felt like I should give him a chance. But if he can't deal with the fact that I was sick...it just seems so babyish. Really? You want me to go out with my handful of tissues and have me cough all over you? And honestly, by the time I do feel like going out, I'd rather hang out with friends that I already like. That's it, I'm telling him there's no chemistry.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Glad to see you're feeling more human. Might be a good thing that you missed the chocolate and feasting frenzy that seems to have occurred for many.

I hear you on the patient issues...whether with patients or my fellow healthcare professional colleagues, sometimes it's just easier to smile and nod at their chronic cardio and fibre one bars and quaker weight control instant oatmeal than what you really want to say...

Good choice on getting rid of whiny first date guy. So not worth it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast