PA (Primal Approved) coconut chicken and spicy pineapple garlic sauce
PA (Primal Approved) coconut chicken and spicy pineapple garlic dipping sauce
This is a really tasty recipe that provides a good mix of proteins and fats. Works well on a salad, or by themselves as a meal or snack. Don't let the steps intimidate you. It's really an easy recipe and well worth it!
Note: If you refer back to Mark's recipe for mayo, that works really well as a dipping sauce if the pineapple sauce seems like too much of a task. Enjoy!
• 4 boneless skinless PA chicken breasts
• 1 cup unprocessed coconut flour or almond flour
• 2 cups organic shredded coconut (no sugar)
• 2 PA eggs
• 1 cup organic olive or coconut oil (for frying)
• 3 separate bowls for flour, egg, and coconut assembly
Chicken Rub seasoning
• 2 Tablespoons Salt
• 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (optional)
• 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
• 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon teaspoon pepper
First start by pouring 1 cup of coconut flour in 1 bowl, 2 eggs in another bowl (whisk eggs completely), and 2 cups of shredded coconut in the last bowl. This is going to be an assembly process. Starting with the flour first, then the egg mix, then roll in the coconut and into the frying pan.
1. Cut each chicken breast into 4 to 6 (1-inch) strips.
2. Pound under plastic or perforate with a fork to tenderize and absorb seasoning
3. Pour oil to a depth of 1-2 inches in a deep skillet or frying pan and turn to med heat. (approx 300 degrees)
4. Season Chicken with rub (to preference)
5. Roll chicken pieces in flour to cover completely
6. Dredge each floured piece in egg bath to cover completely
7. Roll each piece in shredded coconut to cover completely
8. Fry chicken, in batches according to the size of your frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Depending on the size of the pan, you may need to turn the chicken if they’re not completely covered by oil. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt or drizzle with PA butter if desired.
Spicy Pineapple garlic dipping sauce
1. 2 cups finely chopped organic pineapple (Best if blended)
2. 1 cup water
3. 1/4 cup PA butter
4. 1-2 tsp chili flake
5. 1 tsp ground ginger
6. 1-2 tsp salt
7. 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
8. 1 tsp cinnamon
9. 1 Tablespoon Stevia/Truvia (May substitute with agave or fresh orange or pineapple juice)
10. ½ cup arrow root slurry for thickening (1-2 tbs arrow root dissolved in ½ cup cold water)
In a sauce pan on med-low heat, add chopped pineapple, ½ cup water and stevia (or agave or orange/pineapple juice). While reducing add ¼ cup of butter.
Add chili flake, ginger, salt, minced garlic, cinnamon and stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
Finally add arrow root slurry to thicken and give more of a fruit filling texture.
Last edited by beef Stu; 04-18-2011 at 03:30 PM.
oh dude that looks tasty. thank you.