Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 9

Trinkwasser Guest

Frighteningly good! Go away. I'm in the range of 60 for HDL and 60 or less for trigs but have only gotten my LDL down to 90 with the aid of statins. Oh damn, I was supposed to ring for my results today, without that statin I suspect my LDL will be high

William Davis is a cardiologist

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/

another blog well worth reading

A lot of nondiabetics would die to have results that good, er well you know what I mean . . .

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Been a little lax with the ol' log. Got tired tracking crap in fitday so playing it loosey goosey. A little too much so though. Got into my husband's stash of yogurt covered raisins and did some damage. And I'm making another batch of ice cream. After I eat the ice cream, I'll prolly be around 120 carbs or so. Looking forward to the challenge- it'll be good.

Yesterday I had the most insane day ever. Got up at 5am to take DH to have a minor surgical procedure done. Finished by 9, brought him home and made sure he was okay. Went to work all day. Then DD and I decided it would be neat to go eat dinner at chipotle. After we were done, the car wouldn't start. Sat for about 15 minutes trying to get it to turn over- no go. DH is asleep and dead to the world and can't hear his phone ringing so we start walking. 1.5 hours later we made it home just as it was getting dark. Guess that's my punishment for eating a chicken burrito at chipotle! Under normal circumstances it would have been fine but we were both wearing flip flops and now have blisters on the bottom of our feet. So the car is still sitting in chipotle's parking lot and I'm going to have to get it towed or something.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Oh my... what a day. So sorry to hear about your feet! What a pair of Vibrams would have been worth at that moment.

On the bright side, you worked off the burrito.

Definitely burned off the burrito and then some! And I did think about vibrams the whole damn time! And at least it wasn't 110 degrees or raining :-)

Let's see- ate the last of my eggs today so will need to get more before survival week starts. Can't live without me eggs. Had some bacon and cream with coffee. Don't know what's for lunch yet- probably will pick something up from whole foods. dinner will be beef broccoli stir fry.

Car will be about $400 to fix so I doubt that I'll be getting those vibrams for my b-day :-( *pout*

Aww... that sucks. So what's wrong with the car?

Beef and broccoli stir fry sounds yummy! What do you use for sauce/seasoning?

It needs a new starter and battery. The starter is what's expensive.

I was just going to use sesame oil to cook the beef/broccoli in. Typically I would have used oyster sauce but that's not exactly primal. Any other ideas for me for seasonings?

No idea. That's why I was asking you- lol!

Got a decent scrapyard nearby? You can save loads of money by pulling it from the scrap yard, and even more if you know somebody mechanically inclined. Ended up replacing a $125 alternator in my Jetta for $15.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

good idea on the scrap yard!

the beef/broccoli turned out just fine with the sesame oil and a little garlic.

Page 9 of 112 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast