Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 51

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    <3<3<3

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    And I just realized I've been primal for just over a year now. Time flies.
    You and me both sister It's crazy isn't it? How you seem to relax about certain things, how things turn to be so much more about the big picture rather than every damn thing you put in your mouth? Being away this past week really helped seal it for me, I was so happy to be able to completely avoid gluten the whole time while still enjoying the things I could eat I love primal!
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm... gouda...

I think you made absolutely the right decision to celebrate some you time for your birthday. It's all about treating yourself and spoiling yourself. You have to do that once in a while just to stay sane. 40 is the new 30, so celebrate!

Time does fly. It seems like the older you get, the faster it goes. One year Primal is fantastic. How do you see things differently than you did when you just started?

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    I turned 40 in January. And other than the 'number' not much else has changed. It is still a mind trip though.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    OK now I know we have to meet up sometime, I am in the 7th season of buffy on netflix (listen while I'm working, LOL) and did the first season of angel, but will go back to it after this is done!

Yeah, I cry at stupid commercials as well... they just know how to hit a nerve! But normal life stuff I usually just power through. Wierd, that... maybe it's easier to let go on TV because we know it's not real. In real life you can't just break down and cry, you got to deal with it -- especially when you have kidlets. Or maybe I'm just pulling that out of my ass, I do that sometimes

Ya, the weather has been wierd. Cold and overcast mostly, though it was warm at my house (inland La Mesa/Oak Park area) yesterday... no breeze or something, usually we get one.

Personally I'm loving my 40s. I like caring less and less about doing what's "suitable" according to whomever's around me, and going with my gut (which I tend to trust a bit more.) I got a second wind in what I want to do with my life and am finding much more meaning in what I choose to spend my time on, and doing things that interest me more. I'm finding my own "spiritual" place in the world... things that mean something to me and who cares what everybody else thinks. It's kinda nice!

Definitely spend your b-day the way you want. And pampering yourself sounds freaking wonderful! Get some massages, relax... I think La Costa has some cool deals on day trips where you get one or two things done and then can spend the rest of the day sitting in the mud baths or spa or by the pool and such, sipping on a cold drink of your choice. Sounds fab to me!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    Happy Monday!

Eats: coconut pancakes and butter, sausage/cabbage bake, pickled eggs, apple, salmon, brussel sprouts
    Exercise: 30 min walk, rodney yee yoga

hannah- totally agree with the relaxing on certain things. I am just grateful to not be such a cardio slave anymore.

D- I think mainly I've just learned to relax more and be more zen-like. Don't really get as stressed about certain things. My mind shift regarding grains and fat has done a complete 180 too. I never would have thought I would be the person to say that oatmeal does you no good. Or that I would come to love bacon and coconut oil or heavy cream. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in an alternate reality when I don't agree with vegetarians (especially since I used to be one!). What about you? How do you see things differently now?

Janella- defo a mind trip! I don't FEEL 40.

Minxxa- I just hope my 40's are better than the 30's were! La Costa sounds like an excellent plan. I love it over there. That's actually what I did on my last birthday. DD and I both went.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I think my eating has gotten a lot more simple. I mean, I like doing fancy stuff for the blog, food experiments and stuff like that, but the day-to-day eating is pretty basic most of the time. Fry some meat, cook some veg. I used to think a lot about how to substitute for foods I liked- bread, pasta, etc, but now I just don't care that much. Making a nut bread or cutting squash into pasta is more work than I care to put into my food on a daily basis. Then when I do make it, it's a real treat.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Hi *waving* I'm the freak that burbles over EVERY baby and cries whenever anyone is sad. My mother used to say that I was born to cry for those who couldn't. lol I'm sort of an eternal child, someone who loves to splash in puddles and silly dance in the elevator... It definitely takes all kinds though and I get so weirded out by people who try to push others to be something their not. "YOU don't like BABIES?!?! Here just hold him, there isn't he CUTE..." meanwhile the poor victim is holding a squirming infant looking desparately for the nearest exit. Sheesh. It's almost like people who try to convince atheists that they actually believe in god.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Simple is SO good.
    Simple food, sleep, play...and a little love now and again ;-)

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    D- yep meat and vegetables! I cook more seasonaly than I used to also. Whatever is in season and cheap. Since some good fruits are in season right now I am gorging myself on strawberries and this weekend I'm going to get a watermelon.

Kuno- that sums it up very well!

lilmomma- LOL! Thanks for that. I don't often get very emotional or outgoing people accepting me. They always try to make me into something else. Which is irritating cuz I never do that to them. I went to visit my friend with the baby over the past weekend and she plopped down a stack of pictures about 6 inches high (no joke). I dutifully went through and commented appropriately. See I can fake it in society- lol. I did carry the baby a little bit too but his slobber got all over my new khaki pants and all over my arm. Guess I should be happy he didn't barf or poop on me. LOL.

So I had an apple as a snack yesterday afternoon and within 30 minutes I was ravenous. I ate it with a pickled egg thinking the protein would limit the carb reaction but nooooo. I literally went home and ate everything I could get my hands on. UGH. You know, apples really do it to me. I think I'm done with them. So I was still full this morning so I didn't eat breakfast but I brought a couple of pickled eggs in case I get hungry before lunch. Then I have salmon and brussel sprouts and strawberries and cream. Shephards pie for dinner- oh shoot! I forgot to take out the bison to thaw. Dang it. Oh well, I will thaw in the microwave when I get home.

At last it is a beautiful day! I was SO excited to be woken up by happy sunshine rays this morning and NO marine layer at all! Amazing how sun picks up my mood so much.

Today I'm going to walk for an hour and do rodney yee again. He makes me feel goooooooood.

Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast