Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 50

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    janella, I can't see that attachment you put in there.

It's not payday for me :-( I get paid every 2 weeks.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabetesCanKissMyButt View Post
    Tomorrow going to visit a friend and her baby. Babies are very uninteresting to me so I'm not really looking forward to it. Of course, that's her life now so that's all she can talk about. That's fine. I think I'm missing the internal mother instinct or something. Don't know how DD turned out so good in fact.
    You're not alone. I think I'm broken too, or my clock isn't ticking that hard. Sure, my nephew's baby is cute, but I can't get all gooey over him the way everyone else does. I sorta want kids, but not enough to make it a priority. Meh. I have issues with funerals too. I don't get emotional with death. I hate funerals because I feel guilty the whole time for not being all emotional. And I don't know how to comfort people. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a borderline sociopath.

Sounds like your trip to the DMV was a real freakin' treat. Yikes!

Butter lettuce... butter lettuce... must remember that. I don't even know if our store has it. I tried romaine but the stem gives me issues.

HAPPY FRIDAY T!

Too funny, DR. I think about the sociopath aspect sometimes too. Totally stoic at funerals myself. Ever see the Friends episode where Chandler doesn't cry and Monica yells at him that he's dead inside? LOL. DD says that to me sometimes when I don't get emotional over something she thinks I should be (mimicking Monica's voice of course so it's funny).

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Like on House where he had a sociopath patient. He rattled off the "symptoms" and I remember thinking... that could be me. Nah, we're just tough bitchez.

Lol!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabetesCanKissMyButt View Post
    Minxa- thank goodness I'm not the only one. Sometimes I think I'm seriously flawed in some way because certain things do not elicit the emotional reaction the general population thinks they should. But I can cry at the drop of a dime at a silly commercial. The Kaiser Permanente one where the old ladies are doing neat stuff and the song in the background is saying "When I grow up, I want to be an old lady..." Makes me cry every time. LOL
    I'm like that, too.

;-) hi kuno

Got up today and had a chocolate/cherry protein shake, cleaned the bathrooms, went and visited above said friend (only stayed an hour), ran some errands, ate some salami and gouda slices and some strawberries and cream. Now sipping on a kombucha. Tonight going to have the egg salad again. Gonna sack out on the couch now and watch Angel on Netflix (I finished Buffy last week). The sun is trying to peek through- better today than it has been.

Hope you guys are having a fab weekend!

salami/gouda for breakfast, egg salad wraps for lunch- I added bacon also, strawberries n cream. I am full! Plan on eating the rest of the sausage/cabbage bake for dinner. Might make coconut pancakes also for breakfast tomorrow. I pulled out my pickled eggs to devil them and found I didn't have any goat cheese! I thought for sure I had some stuffed away in the vegetable drawer. I'm too lazy to go to the store to get some so I will just eat plain pickled eggs this week instead of deviled. Fine.

So I'm going to be 40 next month. I decided instead of going home to visit family as I usually do in August, I am going to use the vacation days to take off around my birthday and just hang around- get a facial, pedicure. Just have ME time. You only turn 40 once right? I went back and forth on that decision, feeling guilty for not wanting to hang with the relatives but they were just here a month ago and I'm seriously over having to use my vacation days to stress out over them.

And I just realized I've been primal for just over a year now. Time flies.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Yep, time DOES fly.
    40 is def not the end of the world*, but is a good time for, "me time".

Just take some time to chill and play...

*...and neither is 50

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    :-) Thanks kuno- I am happy to be 40. I am happy to be who I am and I am just full of love and acceptance of myself. LOL.

Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast