Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 5

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Day 20

B-2 eggs, butter, sugar free syrup (last of the syrup- aren't you happy?), 3 turkey bacon, coffee

L-tin of sardines in olive oil, green beans

S-cashews

D-salmon and asparagus

merlot and gouda

Exercise- P90X, Week 10, day 6= Kenpo

Calories 1,670

Fat 108.7 57 %

Saturated 30.4 16 %

Polyunsaturated 22.7 12 %

Monounsaturated 48.0 25 %

Carbohydrate 49.7 11 %

Protein 105.4 25 %

Alcohol 15.6 6 %

Yipes- this is the lowest carb day I've ever done. It's because I'm out of fruit and dairy (except the gouda which has 0 carbs anyway). Will be an interesting experiment.

Miriam Guest

Ah thanks for clearing that up, still seems strange to me having eggs and syrup! Then again never had french toast so probably don't know what I am missing out on

I won't be tracking in fitday this week and probably won't have time to post food with the relatives visiting. Will sneak in once in awhile if time allows. I did not buy them any snacks or even bread for their sandwiches so I am sure the first thing they will do is go to the grocery store and load up on crap. My brother likes to eat out at almost every meal and that is always a huge struggle because A) I can't afford that, B) options are limited and I'd rather cook at home, and C) he lays on the guilt trips when I say No.

Day 22

3 egg omelet with spinach, tomato, and a sprinkling of feta

salmon and asparagus

blueberries/strawberries and heavy cream

portabella mushroom with sun dried tomato packed in olive oil, canadian bacon, and sprinkle of mozzerella

big ass green olives from whole foods (YUM)

cod liver oil

greek yogurt

P90X- week 11, day 1- back & chest

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

If your brother tries to make you feel guilty for cooking him a homemade meal, why don't you ask him to pay for your dinner when you go out to eat?

You can get a salad with chicken or shrimp, or steak and veggies... or any number of things.

salmon + asparagus = love. I'm jealous!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Miriam Guest

Arenít brothers pains! Yeah make him pay for your dinner if he wants to eat out.

My brother always wants to eat at weird restaurants and the rest of the family have now said no to his choices, we now all eat at my place as cheaper for them (not for me though!) and also means I can take control of the cooking. So dish up one of your yummy sounding portabello mushrooms and that will make him change his mind.

Okay, so far so good. They got into town yesterday afternoon and went straight to Chili's. Was at work so didn't have to go with them. For dinner I made them chicken with pesto sauce and green beans with butter. They ate it up and all was well.

I got up and did my P90X work-outs at 5am both yesterday and today so I can spend evenings with them.

Yesterday I had a 3 egg omelet with spinach and a sprinkling of feta, salsa, almond milk, blueberries/cream. Left-over portabello concoction, strawberries, then the chicken pesto and green beans. Ate almond butter right from the jar. Cod liver oil as well.

Same thing for breakfast today- omelet, berries, almond milk. For lunch I have the left over chicken and green beans. Strawberries. Don't know what's for dinner yet as I'll probably have to go out to eat tonight. Wish me luck :-)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you're doing great!

Blueberries and cream sounds soooo good.

Thanks Diana, it's been surprisingly easy. We went to Red Robin last night and I got a lettuce wrapped burger. Tonight is still up in the air. Tomorrow I think may be more difficult because I am taking the day off work and we are going to the county fair. I love soft serve ice cream that they have there but I think if I load up on blueberries and cream before we go, I won't have a problem. Or maybe take my almond butter with me and eat the rest of the jar. LOL

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Oh, I thought I responded to this.

The burger sounds yummy. I wonder how a lettuce-wrapped hot dog (uncured) would taste. Carnivals can be a real bummer. It seems like there's nothing we can eat. I took some beef jerky with me to the last one and munched on that while walking through. The blueberries and cream sounds fantastic.

Depending on how much effort you want to put into it, you could freeze the berries and cream, and take it with you, so you can walk around the fair and eat it, so that you get that whimsical feeling of eating fair food without actually eating fair food.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

that is an awesome idea! Will try it and let you know how I fare.

Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast