Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 21

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

G2- funny that you just now made the connection! Glad you did though. Now it will all make sense...

I'm pretty anti-social and I do enjoy my alone time but I have been consciously trying to beef up my social activities (which means doing something twice a month instead of zero- lol). It's good for the soul.

Diana- what should we name this club? Is this still the Uncool Club or something entirely different? Haha!

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Can I join the "don't have any girlfriends" club? I end up doing many more "guy" things & right now I don't even have a good "girlfriend" at all (had one a few years back & she moved away). All my "girl chat" comes from MDA! LOL!

maba is offline Senior Member

[quote]

All my "girl chat" comes from MDA! </blockquote>

+1

Today I&#39;m going to start ratcheting the carbs back down below 50 until Christmas (except for the day that I make those chocolate covered clementines :-p). I&#39;m going to Florida at the end of January to visit relatives I haven&#39;t seen in 10 years so my ass needs some fine-tuning.

eggs

salmon

carrots/celery

greek yogurt

chicken morrocan casserole

walking

nina_70 Guest

I&#39;m with you. Also ratcheting down the carbs this week. Been getting more carb-mania recently (which always makes me graze-eat), so time to get it under control.

I forgot to mention that I watched Food Inc last night. Just strengthens my resolve for the grass fed/organic/hormone free food stuffs. The Monsanto bit at the end was very disturbing to me.

nina_70 Guest

ALSO with you on that one. Since reading Vegetarian Myth and The Omnivore&#39;s Dilemma we completely switched to grass-fed meat and dairy. Can&#39;t believe I was so unaware for so many years before this. It&#39;s been tough sourcing everything, but we&#39;re totally committed now.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Hmm... I&#39;m going in the opposite direction. It&#39;s going to be junk food from here til New Years (Primal of course, but still carby- lol.) Then back down. :P

Food Inc is amazing. I saw it in the theater a while ago, and rented it the other week as a refresher. It reminds me again and again why I live the way I do. I really want to visit Polyface Farm when I get the chance. It&#39;s not too awful far from here.

I&#39;m decidedly anti-soy after watching Food Inc. It has been my quest to find quality chocolate that doesn&#39;t contain soy lecthin. So far I only have access to G&B 85%. If it says corn or soy anywhere in the ingredients, I don&#39;t buy it. :P

Two thumbs on on "Ominivore&#39;s Dilemma" also. Another great one is "In Defense of Food"

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Love both of those books DR!! Add to that "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver. I highly recommend it! Her voice is so wonderful (in writing and in speaking), and while she&#39;s not Primal per se, if you take away the bread almost everything else she eats and does is completely in line with what we think.

Monsanto and Cargill both amaze me, in a terrible way. They are so far reaching into our lives, it just drives me further away from buying anything in a box or can...

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

nina_70 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

DR - yeah, what is it with chocolate and soy lectin these days? I accidently bought some G&B&#39;s the other day...1st ingredient chocolate liquer? And then, soy lectin is in there? What happened to good &#39;ol cocoa and cocoa butter. Lindt 85% is soy-lectin-free (at least the onces I&#39;ve found) and pretty tasty if you&#39;re looking for an alternative. I soooo avoid corn and soy these days too.

Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast