Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 2

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Day 15

B- 2 eggs, sugar free syrup, butter, 3 turkey bacon, milk

L- salmon, cauliflower, blueberries

S- greek yogurt, strawberries

D- taco salad- ground turkey, lettuce, tomato, olives, sour cream, cheese, salsa

1 tsp cod liver oil

Exercise- Week 10, day 1 of P90X= shoulders, chest, & triceps

calories- 1377

F- 70 or 46%

C- 84 or 23%

P- 104 or 31%

I'm so full today! 1377 is a little low for me but I have no desire to eat any more.

grandma is offline Member

Do you eat beef? I'm thinking a little ruminant derived fat would give you some Omega-3. All that poultry and pork seems a bit heavy on the Omega-6 end. Just thinking.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

grandma, I'm having a hard time with beef right now. I'm either getting crappy cuts of it or I'm not cooking it right- more likely a combination of both. I'm also coming off of a few years of vegetarianism so I'm adding and deleting things in baby steps. The pork chops I listed above were the first ones I've had in probably 8 years or more.

I have a package of steak in my fridge right now but I'm scared to cook it. I want it to be good and I want to like it but it just never turns out right. :-(

Steaks are more difficult, you need a good cut and to cook it right. But for your taco salad ground beef is as easy as turkey BUT ground beef has an N6:N3 ratio of 8:1 (a little lower of grass fed) where ground turkey has a ratio more like 14:1.

On the steaks, I'm not very good at it either, but to be a nice steak, you need a fatty cut (ribeye) and cook it to just medium. I usually make the mistake of buying lean cuts and cooking it to well done. All you get then is leather.

Yes that sounds exactly like what I'm doing- buying the lean cut and then cooking it to well done and yes it's definitely leather.

Thanks for the information on the omega ratios- I had no clue that ground turkey was higher on the 6 than ground beef. Will definitely make the switch next time I go grocery shopping. In the meantime, I'll eat my left-overs- don't want to waste them. :-)

I need to re-work my dairy comsumption also. Once I deplete my dairy stocks, I will be re-evaluating how to cut back a little more on that. I love my dairy though !

I hope I am giving you good advice, maybe others will chime in as well --- I'm learning too.

Either way, grandma, I appreciate the feedback. What is your opinion of turkey bacon versus regular bacon?

no questions --- the real thing!

Remember Grok couldn't catch turkey bacon, it's a manufactured food. Pork Bellies yes if he was man enough to do battle with a Boar. He also wouldn't have nitrates and all the crap that we put in bacon these days so if you can find all-natural than that is best.

from an Omega6:3 point of view --- the real thing is 1:1 and turkey bacon is 13:1.

Wow!

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast