Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 11

Mr Mesolithic Guest

Primal Fuel

Great numbers! Great journal -

A question ... are you still having milk, if so, whole milk?

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Hey Meso, no milk for me. Cream- yes. Cheese- yes- mostly cheddar and that dagblasted mascarpone that I just discovered. In the beginning (like 3 months ago) I drank milk- switched from skim to whole and then eventually just phased it completely out. Survival weeks really helped me reduce my overall dairy consumption. How about you?

Whooooop! Vegas!

I'm jealous!

YEAH BABY! Now if I could just stay away from the alcoholic beverages...

(That's MY main issue .... oh poooo!)

Day 5 off metformin

Sugars have been good. No crazy spikes or drops. I do feel bloated though- fingers swollen.

*TMI Alert* I have one last prescription medication that I would like to ditch and then I will be totally med free. Loestrin my birth control pill. I use it to a) prevent pregnancy, and b) to treat endometriosis. I have read through the birth control thread but not much is mentioned about endometriosis. I think if I can get off BCP, it will help my blood sugar even more. I could do a more permanent pregnancy prevention method like tubal ligation etc. But then that leaves me with how to treat the endo without hormones- there aren't many options and I'm not willing to suffer excruciating pain every month. Been there, done that, won't do it again. Don't want a hysterectomy because then again, that induces menopause and will have to take hormone replacement. If anyone has any thoughts I this, I would love to hear them.

Oh yeah, day 3 of no coffee. Going pretty good. I had green tea this morning.

I also need to figure out what to do about grinding my teeth while I'm sleeping. I woke myself up at 2am clenching so hard that it was sending sharp pains down my jaw line. Had to take some advil. I've had mouth guards before but I can't sleep with those in and sometimes I feel like they make the problem worse.

That sucks! I wish I had answers for the birth control and the jaw grinding. I have bad TMJ Syndrome and have had my jaw lock up at least twice in my life (had nightmares for 3 yrs straight, after each incidence, it's THAT horrifically awful!!!!). I did notice, however, that when my TMJ was acting up, did I have nighttime grinding issues.

I would look into natural supplementation in regards to rebuilding cartilage.

As for the birth control, I had two puppies and then sent hubby to get fixed! :-D For you, however, the only solution would be for your BF to take the male 'pill'? :-P

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

My only thoughts on BC is... I love my depo provera and that's one thing I'm not willing to give up. I know, it's probably really bad for me, but no bone loss thus far (thanks to being Primal I'm sure!) So yeah... that's one thing I'm going to stick with. I went off it for 6 months and realized how much periods SUCK, so I'm not doing that anymore. LOL

Hope you can find something that works for you.

Yeah, that's the thing. I might not be able to give it up if there's no viable solution to control endo pain. And I agree, periods do SUCK.

sassy, that is my worst nightmare- have the TMJ lock-up! I emailed my dentist and asked for a quote on one of those night guards that you only put between your front teeth (doesn't cover all the teeth). Just to keep the teeth apart. I might have better luck sleeping with that than the full deals. Depends on how much it's going to cost though...

Page 11 of 112 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast