Page 103 of 112 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1117

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 103

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "Less stuff is more peace" LOVE that, DR. So true. Got half the garage done. Ran into 4 black widows and a nest in a pile of tennis shoes though and totally freaked out. Spiders give me the heebie jeebies especially black widows. BLECH! So next Saturday I will clean out the other half. The other half is smaller so shouldn't take too long. DH had to make a trip to the dump when he got back though and surprisingly didn't have too much to say about what I was getting rid of. I was able to get rid of about 8 boxes of crap and condensed everything down into plastic tubs.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go for a run after work since it will be light out. Looking forward to it! I haven't run since Thanksgiving.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabetesCanKissMyButt View Post
    Is anyone else as excited about daylight savings time as me? I can hardly wait for longer light in the evenings!
    me too!

hi
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    *shudder* black widows completely scare me. I can kill a lot of other spiders now (I was almost arachnophobic as a child), but black widows...i'd have to scream for someone else...though now that I'm the mom I may be that someone else! Yikes.
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Eeek black widows! Yuck! I've never seen one in real life, and never ever want to! I've become tolerant of spiders living in my house. It's either spiders or flies, and I opt for spiders. Cobweb spiders and jumping spiders get an instant pass. Other spiders get the glass test. I trap them in a glass and tap on it. If they're unbothered, they go outside. If they get defensive/aggressive, they get washed down the drain.

It sounds like your day was fantastically productive! Way to go!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Eek, we got tons of those in our garage too! Yucky!!!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Well hello there, J. How ya been?

hannah, I did scream- and I did a little dance. LOL. But then I realized I didn't want the black widows to scatter to other parts of the garage so I pulled myself together and sprayed the hell out of the nest with raid. Ugh.

DR- no you don't want to see a black widow! Did I ever tell you about the tarantula that jumped at me in the restroom at work?

Minx- must be our climate that they like.

Man, I am TIRED! Good news though- I will be able to take a vacation day tomorrow yay!!!! I already have it filled with stuff to do though. Gonna get tragus jewelry downsized, gonna try to schedule another massage need to get DH a bday present, want to go for a trail hike, need to pick up some more mascara, gonna see about getting another tanning package- I think I have one left. But at least it will be a break from work.

Vittles:
    protein shake
    taco salad
    apple/cheesestick
    hamburger casserole/sweet potato

Exercise:
    1 hour walk

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    When I lived in Lakeside, we lived next to a protected open space. Tarantulas would come up our driveway all the time. My son caught one and kept it in a heated tank, as a pet. Black widows, scorpions, mice and the occasional snake were common in our garage. Coyotes would come off the hill and drink from the sprinklers.

Once when I was in a meeting, my daughter called, frantic and crying. A dove had laid eggs in a hanging basket on our porch and a snake was eating the babies.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    OMG, No! That would scare the f*ck out of me! I'd totally piss myself. Yikes!

Yay for vacation day! Woot woot! Sounds like a very good day you have planned there. I've been thoroughly enjoying my tanning sessions. Oh, and I don't know if you saw but... I GOT MY SEPTUM PIERCED!

Enjoy the heck out of your day off. You so deserve it. <3
    Last edited by Diana Renata; 03-15-2011 at 05:58 PM.

WHAT! No, I didn't see that about the septum- making my way over to your journal to get the scoop....

marcadav- that snake story is crazy!