Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt) page 10

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Awesome. I've been interested in trying more stir-fry meals, but didn't want to go the "stir-fry sauce" route. I will totally be trying sesame oil.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Holy smokes! It's an explosion of primal journals!

Posted my goals over in the main thread, checked in at the survival thread, and posted for the grass fed meat on the main blog. Hope I win some!

Okay folks, I am resurrecting my journal from the grave. Since I am in the process of eliminating metformin (new A1c of 5.1), it is imperative that I keep strict control of the eating. Can't use metformin as an excuse to eat pizza anymore. When I analyze it, I see that in some situations I allowed myself to eat crap because I figured the medication would counteract the negatives. No more of that! So here we go again to keep myself accountable.

We are in survival week and today is the last day so my carbs will be under 50- I've been hitting between 35-40 most days this week. Ketosticks says I have a moderate amount of ketones. I just had a crown done at the dentist this morning so really have no idea what I'm going to be able to eat. So far I've had eggs, bacon, and coconut oil. I did bring hamburger patties and green beans for lunch. I have chicken thawing for dinner.

Exercise will be some kind of hike after work IF my jaw/head/teeth are feeling okay. Right now I am in severe pain :-(

Welcome back! Good to hear that you are realizing your 'enabling strategies' and that you are now doing what it takes to take control.

I'm sorry that you are in severe pain. That's awful. I hate mouth pain so much. If you are still in pain, just take a break tonight and worry about your hike tomorrow.

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

your so inspirational!!! Grok on xoox Darlene

have a wonderful weekend xoxo

:-)

Today I only know what's for breakfast (eggs, bacon, coconut oil, heavy cream in me coffee). I have no food for anything else. will be going down to henry's shortly to do a shopping trip.

Gonna try to make a primal pizza. DH wants to try the almond flour crust. I think I'll put turkey bacon (he doesn't eat pork), mushrooms, and olives on it. Sound good?

I've also had a hankering for something in the crockpot since that crockpot thread got my fall juices flowing. although it's still about 90 degrees here and not fall-like at all!

janagram is offline Senior Member

enjoying your thread! I was a veggie years ago for a coupla decades....it took me awhile to digest the meats, but now I love them! Hope the pizza (almond crust) turns out...let us know!

Thanks janagram! Glad you stopped by :-)

I had a VERY exciting day! I had mascarpone cheese for the first time. I was secretly hoping it would be the same kind of scenario as the chicken liver fiasco and the coconut milk (ew). But, alas, I fear that mascarpone cheese goes on my list of best things EVER! I had it with strawberries and it was totally orgasmic.

I also made the almond crust pizza and was so surprised how delish it turned out! I took a picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42954284@N06/3957471136/

It has turkey bacon, cheddar/mozzarella, olives, & mushrooms. And I made the sauce from Son of Grok's recipe. So good and so filling.

Obviously I went grocery shopping.

My exercise was cleaning the house from top to bottom.

Blood sugar update: today is my first day of cutting my meds in half. Gonna do that for 2 weeks to see how I react before I ditch them completely. I'll be posting BS numbers so I hope it doesn't get too tedious and redundant for anyone reading. I need some way to log it to see if any trends emerge so bear with me.

FBS- 116

Breakfast 2 hours post-prandial- 113

Lunch 2 hrs pp- 115

Dinner 2 hrs pp- won't check it till 7:15pm

dinner 2 hrs pp- 101

guess it won't let me edit my previous post.

Well. I had intended to cut my metformin dosage in half initially but then totally forgot to take my evening dose on Saturday night so I figured I would just continue. Today is day 3 completely off the metformin. Yikes! I have heard a side effect of quiting it is weight gain. I am hoping that will not be the case! AND, I have decided since I'm off it, that I need to quit coffee. I know, I know- I have made comments in the past along the lines of you can pry the coffee from my cold, dead hands...but I think it's important enough to quit since caffeine supposedly does cause an insulin response. I had chai tea this morning instead- still has caffeine but much less than coffee. Eventually maybe switch down to herbal teas.

Yesterday's blood sugar:

FBS: 101

Bkfast 2 hrs pp: 125

Lunch 2 hrs pp: 97

Dinner 2 hrs pp: 99

I am going to Vegas again this weekend and I have Monday, Oct 5 off. Very much looking forward to not being at work.

Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast