Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AJs 2nd try at PB page

AverageJoe is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up AJs 2nd try at PB

Shop Now
    This will be my second try at going PB. I failed miserably the first time in June 2009, but I am ready to try again with renewed enthusiasm. I plan to eat PB, try and take walks frequently, and lift heavy when i can. I find that the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) method works for me. I going to try and keep it simple and try and not do too much.

I will be posting my workouts/meals a couple times a week.

Here are my starting stats.
    A: 28
    H: 6'3"
    W: 262 lbs.
    Waist: about 45" across the belly.
    Also my BP today was 140/101 and 133/96. I took it twice using my little BP machine.

WinkBlu is offline Member
    Welcome (back) AJ! Best wishes for a successful go-around this time
    "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

So yesterday I binged on some of my favorite bad things one last time. I had pizza, beer, peanut butter pretzels, and some peanut butter cups. So of course I feel like crap today. I am sure it will take most of the week to get the carbs out of my system.

Anyway this is what I have had so far today.

B: 1 banana, 2pieces of bacon, and 16oz of green tea.
    L: leftover roast (eye of round) w/ 1 piece of bacon, carrots, and water
    S: I have chicken legs in the crock pot and will have it with green beans

so the rest of the day I had.

snack: 1 slice of bacon and a plate of pistachios (probably 24 or so)
    supper: 2 chicken legs, romaine lettuce, green beans, 1 slice of bacon

Everyday when i wake up i have 24oz of water and then drink water the rest of the day w/ meals. So I probably drink around 64oz of water. I think I am eating too much bacon but it is quick and it fights off hunger/fills me up. I plan to make some jerky this week. Then i can switch out the bacon with jerky for snacks. I might not be eating enough but I am trying to keep my calories under control and stay away from fruit just until I get closer to my goals.

Supplements: daily multi vitamin, vitamin d, fish oil, glucosamine w/ msm

Anyone feel free to comment on my eating/food choices. I think it will take me a while to see what works for me.

So far today i have had:

B: 3 slices of bacon, 1 banana, 16oz of green tea

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe View Post
    Anyone feel free to comment on my eating/food choices. I think it will take me a while to see what works for me.
    Your food so far looks good to me, but you're absolutely right: play with what works and discard what doesn't. Make the Primal Blueprint your own and screw what works for others if it ain't doin' it for you. If you can't feel comfortable on the PB, something is seriously wrong since I'm a firm believer that there's a way for it to work for everyone, even if that involves some tweaking. It's not a sacred text, after all. Tweak it as you need!

G'luck, AJ! Keep yourself accountable and look to others for support if/when you feel yourself slipping or in a kind of uncertain limbo. We all hit those!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Well it has been a rough day today. I have felt hungry most of the day and have had a headache all day.
    After my breakfast above i have had:
    Snack: small plate of pistachios and 2 tsp of PB (i know peanut butter is not good, I plan on picking up some other nut butter next time i am out.)
    Lunch: 2 chicken legs, 2 pieces of bacon, romaine lettuce
    Snack: small plate of pistachios and 2 tsp of PB.

I am going to try to just have salad for dinner I know i have had a lot of calories today with the bacon, nuts, and PB.
    I need to go shopping.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the beginnings of the "carb flu," sir. Stick it out! It passes fairly quickly. It's the state of transition as your body moves from primarily glucose-burning to fat-burning.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Get some virgin coconut oil as well *if you want to try some of that I mean* .. it's good with cravings and you can take a spoon ful of that instead of Peanut Butter.. (it's yummy)

Congrats on returning to the PB lifestyle! And You shall do well this time round! I am looking forward to hearing more

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Thanks for the support WinkBlu, Patrick, and MCW.

Yesterday for supper i had:

taco salad w/ no chips or shell. just taco meat (ground round), some salsa, romaine lettuce, and a very little bit of cheese.

Today i have had:

B: 1 banana, 3 pieces of bacon, and 16oz of green tea.

I have not worked out yet this week. I am just trying to eat right and get through the first 2 weeks. I do walk about 12 block going to and from work but i do not consider that exercise. Especially because i sit all day at work.

I am definitely going to pick up some coconut oil when i go to the store. I hope i can find the stuff. Otherwise i will need to order some coconut oil, coconut flour, almond meal, coconut\almond milk from somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast