Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AJs 2nd try at PB page 3

AverageJoe is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I tried to make blueberry muffins from a recipe w/ coconut flour and coconut milk. The milk smelled rancid when i opened it. so i threw away both cans and threw out the muffins. =(

I was struggling yesterday, all i wanted was things that i could not have. So i settled on bacon and pineapple, it seemed to do the trick. Today has been better so far.

B: banana/almond butter and 16oz of green tea.

Well it has been awhile since I last posted. I have been busy at work/home. I work in I.T. so i rarely go on the computer when i am home. I have stayed true to PB and have not deliberately cheated. If i did eat something not PB it was unknown to me, so am sure i have followed 80/20 rule. Anyway, I weighed in again last Monday. I was down 5 more lbs.

Weight:250 lbs.
    Waist: about 43"
    B.P.: 130/92 and 130/93

I have enjoyed trying new recipes. I made the primal barbeque sauce for the chicken and ribs that ate. I also made coconut/blueberry muffins and used some heavy whip cream and blueberries for a treat.

Well another week down. Here are my current stats:

Weight: 246
    Waist: about 42"
    B.P. 127/93 and 128/95

The primal eating has been going good. The hardest part is when I do not have time to go to the store and low on food. I need to get more into the other aspects of being primal. I need to start walking more and lifting heavy things. Anyway, work is very busy and stressful so i am not surprised my weight loss was only 4 pounds. I am actually surprised that I lost 4 pounds b/c I have been eating too much fruit/heavy cream.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Wow! You're making great progress.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

After 4 weeks:

Weight:262 - 243 lbs -down 19lbs
    Waist:45" - 41.5 " - down 3.5 "
    B.P. 119/88 and 121/82 -down from 140/101 and 133/96

I am happy with my progress. All the changes have currently just been from eating P.B. I have not started working out yet. I plan to start working out this week:

I am planning to start slow. When i commute to the office it is about 5 blocks after i get off the train. So that is about 10 blocks to and from the train which is about 1 mile. So on the days I do not go to the office i will walk 1 mile. So my schedule will look like:

Monday: walk 1 mile/pushups/plank
    Tuesday: walk 1 mile/squats/plank
    Wednesday: office
    Thursday: office
    Friday: walk 1 mile/pushups/plank
    Saturday: walk 1mile/squats/plank
    Sunday: off

I know this routine is pathetic but i want to start off easy and make working-out part of my routine.

So far the working out is not going good. Again I have not done anything this week. I need to figure out the best time for me to workout. First i will state the obvious. On the days that i go into the office i am tired in the morning. I get up early 5am so that i can leave work early and pick up my son from daycare. When i get home around 530 I hang out with my son, then feed him, then give him a bath, then my wife comes home around 7 and we put him to bed around 730. Then my wife and i still need to eat dinner. At night the last thing i want to do is to workout before bed. Especially because i have usually already showered and am winding down from the day. Anyway, i am not making excuses. It is my fault that i don't workout. I am thinking the best thing may be to just workout on the days that i work from home or the weekends. Otherwise my thoughts are to do a quick workout. Maybe just do sets or pushups/planks every morning when i wake up. Work my way up to 100 for pushups and an a couple mins for planks. I am not sure what is a good time for planks. Anyway i am just rambling, so i will stop. I happy to hear thoughts/advice from anyone.

Finally started working out a little.
    Sat:
    set1-20 jj 20 pu 20 sec plank
    set2-15 jj 15 pu 15 sec plank
    Sun:
    set3-10 jj 10 pu 10 sec plank
    Mon:
    set3-10 jj 10 pu 10 sec plank

Also i should mention i have a bad lower back. I am hoping that losing weight and gradually working is going to fix it. I went to the doctor multiple times and they are no help. They just give me an anti-inflammatory and pain pill. They say that i have arthritis in my back. I don't believe them, my back has always been fine and did not start hurting until I tweaked it one time helping someone move. It has never been the same since. I back is functional but i experience pain every day.

Tues:
    set1-20 jj 20 convict squat 20 sec plank
    set2-15 jj 15 convict squat 15 sec plank
    set3-10 jj 10 convict squat 10 sec plank

Another week down.

My weight yesterday was 238lbs. So that 24 lbs since i started PB.

I was able to do light workouts most of last week and then do some yardwork on the weekend. PB works for me, i can easily watch what i eat w/o having to count calories and i do not need to workout that much. I still need to workout more than i do now but I am just happy that i feel like i can stick with PB for a long period of time. Hopefully the rest of my life.

I think this will be 7 weeks down. I lost a couple more pounds this week.

Weight 236 lbs.
    B.P. 122/88

I am definitely not losing weight as quickly as before, but I am happy that i am still losing. I am still not working out as much as i would like to but anything is better than nothing. So for me being P. B. is still a work in progress but I am happy with what i have done so far.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123