Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Hiking Trip in the World? page

tejast is offline Junior Member

Best Hiking Trip in the World?

Primal Fuel
    For my 40th birthday I'd like to take a week or so and do some great hiking trip with friends and family. We'd like something pretty challenging, but not so challenging that it turns into something like "Into Thin Air."

I thought of maybe the Inca Trail, but wanted to see if any of you all have any recommended hiking trips you'd suggest. I'm open to anywhere in the world. I only have about a week, though . . .
    Last edited by tejast; 04-18-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Free Range is offline Senior Member
    The Colorado trail would be a great one.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    I hear great things about the John Muir Trail....

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Two thoughts.

Milford Trek in NZ (rated one fo the best in the world)

Inn to Inn hike through the black forest (my wife and I did this and it was a fabulous hiking vacation) - Famous for the waterfall and cuckoo clock is Triberg, Germany. | German Black Forest

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    my top choice for a hike world wide would easily be machu pichu. but there are plenty of places that i would like to go...kilamanjaor, fuji, ayers rock, the tetons

when are you thinking about doing this? in the fall...you have to hike new england. it's just hard enough to make you appreciate the work you're doing, and visually stunning.

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    The Inca Trail was the nadir of my existence...four days in the pouring rain unable to see any of the beautiful scenery around us. So I definitely recommend going when it's far away from rainy season (I went the week after it was supposed to have ended, which it retrospect seems really stupid). It's a wonderful walk that is appropriate for a wide range of fitness abilities and seeing Machu Picchu firsthand was an extremely moving experience for me. I felt like I was on top of the world!
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

peril is offline Senior Member
    The Overland Track between Cradle Mountain and Lake St Clair in Tasmania - Parks & Wildlife Service - Introduction

Should only be attempted in the Southern summer - I saw snow and I did it in the middle of summer
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jmday is offline Senior Member
    California Native living in land locked Kansas
    Yellowstone. Shashone Trail / Shashone Lake. And don't forget to spend time in the Tetons. AWESOME!!!!!
    Bring fishing poles for both. Wyoming/Montana guest permits are expensive and a must, but if you get caught without one, your fine is very sever.

have fun
    Julia
    Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
    Started Primal Mid January 2011
    Current Weight 183
    Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
    http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

spughy is offline Senior Member
    The Chilkoot Trail from Dyea to Bennet Lake (Alaska-Yukon) is pretty amazing.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I've heard great things about Gros Morne. I was supposed to hike it this summer but the trip had to be cancelled.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast