Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *WinkBlu* Primal Journal page

WinkBlu is offline Member

Red face *WinkBlu* Primal Journal

Shop Now
    Ok so here goes! Been lurking for a few months so now it's time to jump in and start being part of this awesome community!!

Little about me: I'm 40-something (damn I hate admitting that!), 5'4" and about 30# overweight. I found the Primal Blueprint and MDA a few months ago and have been devouring everthing. This lifestyle just soooo fits with how I want to be. My life in the past two years has been filled with a lot of changes, a lot of stress and as a result, very limited exercise, poor eating choices and too many bottles of Jagermeister

That changes today! I'm committing to my own 30 day challange. Only primal food (no cheats!), no drinking and probably the harder part, no smoking. I quit smoking for 6 years and one bad day at work and I was hooked again. I currently have an office job which limits my activity during the day. I need to start getting more active again, and if the weather in New England ever wants to cooperate, spend more time outside. My SO and I are hoping to relocate to South Carolina by the end of this year. Hopefully if my house sells soon, we may be able to move sooner

Breakfast
    2 HB eggs
    Lunch
    Leftover pork chop, tomato and 1/2 avacado
    30 minute walk
    Dinner
    Propably steak, mashed cauli and spinach/brussel sprouts

Hopefully I'll be able to get another walk in after work. Need to start incorporating the 5 Essential Moves in today too!
    "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Metta is offline Senior Member
    You do NOT look 40something in that picture!

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!! I look forward to hearing more of your journey!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Metta View Post
    You do NOT look 40something in that picture!
    Thank you, Metta!! That makes me feel better about admitting my age

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Thanks MCW! I love reading your posts. Thanks so much for reading !!!!

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Hi WinkBlu, I look forward to reading about your journey and offering a kindred spirit to gripe with
    Keep your journal going, it has given me more accountability than I anticipated. I made a personal commitment to be 100% honest with my food and alcohol tracking on it, and it has prevented many bad consumption choices already.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Well, Day 3 is almost over...huge sigh of relief!

Yesterday wasn't bad, food wise
    Breakfast:
    2 HB eggs (or what was left after struggling to peel them!)
    3 slice bacon

Lunch:
    Leftover hamburger, lettuce, tomato
    3 primal jalapeņo poppers (OMG YUMMY)

Dinner:
    Primal Salisbury steak, mushroom, onions
    steamed broccoli

Alcohol: ZIP

I didn't get any activity in yesterday as I skipped my lunch break so I could leave early, only to have the oh so lovely NE weather start raining when I did get home I really can't wait to move out of NE!! I need sunshine and warmer weather.

Didn't sleep well last night, which has been a recurring problem for the last few months. I originally attributed it to the alcohol, and I hope within a few days I get all the crap out of my system so I can finally get a good nights sleep. Took calcium and magnesium last night but not sure if it helped much.

Today has been emotionally trying and it was pretty hard not to stop at the package store on the way home, but I didn't Still no opportunity for activity due to my schedule today and now I'm just emotionally, mentally, and physically tired.

Breakfast:
    2 eggs scrambled with red onions, red peppers and butter

Lunch:
    Leftover salisbury steak and broccoli

Dinner:
    Not sure yet as I only have the S.Steak leftover and nothing "dinner-y" in the fridge :-/ Might just cook up some bacon, veggies and call it a night.

I feel kinda awkward putting everything out there in this journal, but I hope as time goes by and as Superellen suggests, it will give me the accountability I need to really life the primal life I want.

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya on feeling awkward on the personal stuff on the internet.. But I figure it's more for my benefit and for others who happen to seem to be on the same path I am .. Definitely something to look back on and go .. Wow I have come so far! (I'm not there yet !!! But it'll come in time.. lol)
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, having a journal can make a huge difference. I found it altered my approach to being Primal, and thinking about everything more consciously (since I was writing it down -- kinda) has helped when temptations have arisen.

G'luck, WinkBlu!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes it can take a while for you to undo a magnesium deficiency enough for it to affect your sleep. I didn't notice a change until a couple weeks of taking a full dosage religiously right before bed.

Keep up the awesome work, you are doing great!
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast