Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nuts are very good for heart health! page 4

Niklas Guest

Primal Fuel

According to Eaten the most likely ratio of paleo man was 5:1. 1:1 is not feasible and just an exaccerated OCD.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Not wishing to get deeper into the quicksand, I'll just say this:

1. bobby, you never said anything about consuming large does of fish oil with your nuts, uh, your almonds.

2. The matter of the Israeli Jews and their diet is well documented.

3. N-6 is n-6.

4. As Jess and Erik say, and I did, it's in the HOW MUCH. Twenty five percent or the mythical average 2000 calories a day from nuts is a lot.

5. Sean, I understand what you are saying, see #4.

Oh, bobby, I really, really appreciate your presence here. You are a good researcher.

Baglady is offline Junior Member

WOW

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

JamieBelle is offline Member

I know. Wow.

They're nuts. Just nuts. Take a handful and continue going about your day.

???

It's not that difficult.

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

According to Stephan from Whole Health Source, serum AA production maxes out at 4% of calories from linoleic acid. Anything in excess of 4%, then, is harmless; the damage is already done. That's why studies on modern populations often show no harm from increasing Omega 6, because they're way past the 4%. If you drop linoleic acid to sub-4% of diet, you'll see improvements.

Niklas Guest

Doesn't make much sense, I have never read of a "harm" treshold above which not further harm occurs and velow which no harm occurs. That would be the first and only instance in whic such a weird thing would happen.

grandma is offline Member

I think most dose-toxicity curves are S shaped. It is like filling a bucket with water, once it is full, you can't fill it anymore.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

bobbylight Guest

That 4% argument does not make any sense. What if you also ate 4% of omega 3's? Also, by this reasoning I could eat the same amount of O 6's, but if I eat more calories during the day it won't do as much damage. It just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

grandma is offline Member

Look at the blog, it is very convincing.

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/05/eicosanoids-and-ischemic-heart-diseas.html

It basically says that the amount of n-6 in your tissue does not increase significantly with dietary increase above 4% (with no n-3 intake). It also says that increasing your n-3 intake decreases the amount of N-6 in your tissue.

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/05/eicosanoids-and-ischemic-heart-disease.html

And this one says that the amount of n-6 in your tissue is directly proportional to your CHD mortality risk.

I think this is inline with your studies and we are in "violent agreement" except on what this means for nuts.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast