Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People who are not primal page

brooki is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Hi,

I have been eating primal for a while now and have decided it's definitely the way I want to live and eat. On the weekend I decided it was about time I told my mother in law, who is heavy on the rice, pasta, bread and potatoes that this is how I ate now. I told her that I do not eat anything processed anymore and just natural whole foods and listed off what I eat. I said that she nevers has to go out of her way for me and that there is always something I can eat when I am there and I just wanted to let her know that I would pass on the bread or side of rice.........she looked at me like I had told her I had just killed her cat.

What do I do now? I am afraid that she has not taken me seriously. She already thought I was a bit nuts before this because I have always eaten pretty healthy and trained hard.

How will I go about this if she doesn't take me seriously?

Any advice from people who have experienced this would be great.

Thanks

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

If everything fails, eat her.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Eat her cat. The other white meat.

one_eye_mike Guest

I'm really not trying to be a pain but why do you care what she thinks? You've stated your position and frankly it's irrelevant if she takes you seriously. Why must you convince her of your convictions?

Catalina is offline Member

It all depends on your goal. . .do you want her to like you? To respect your wishes? Do you want to keep peace in a dysfunctional family? It sounds like you were very diplomatic--I'd just eat what you want to eat around her with a polite "no thank you" if offered pasta or bread. You can't cure her insecurities.

Mr B Guest

at family get togethers and such...just take what you want to eat. if anyone asks if you want something you don't want or asks why you're not eating whatever...all you gotta do is say 'no thank you. i'm fine.' or the like.

doesn't have to be a big deal.

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

I would suggest next time...not jumping the gun. I think her response might've been to the fact that you just told her the fact out of nowhere (based on how I read it).

Personally to dodge the sweets offer I get a small plate + fattiest cut of meat WITH bones + veggies. I use the ensuing mess as scapegoat to "oh I'm too full".

Others here suggest saying you have gluten intolerance or some such condition...given that you want to impress her with your genes though, might not work for you

PS. You'll have leverage if there's some physical activity you can participate in before eating - prove the PB lifestyle as at least at par with CW.

Goodluck!

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

I wouldn't make a big deal of it. She might not be taking you seriously, but if you consistently eat the primal food and say no thank you to the non-primal stuff, then she will have to accept it eventually.

You can't do anything about how people react to you, but you can do something about how you react to them. I wouldn't let it get to you. I speak from experience! Plus, the bonus of looking fitter/healthier/slimmer usually helps things along (it has for me!).

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I know this may sound harsh, but I'm just waiting for my mom's cholesterol to get higher. It's really the only freaking way to get some people to listen!

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Baglady is offline Junior Member

I have some of the same issues. My mother has finally accepted I have Celiac, but both my Mother and Hubby keep saying you can have these "Organic Tortilla Chips, corn meal only" or well you can have rice and beans. So I have just kind of ignored them so far. Hubby knows I am trying to stick to Primal so he asks me when he is cooking if I am going to eat what he plans on cooking. I don&#39;t have any answers here and have my ears open to all the other replies

Good Luck

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast