Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else notice "primal" is the new fad word? page

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member

Anyone else notice "primal" is the new fad word?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe I'm just more aware of the word but I keep hearing it brought up in differently in conversation.

For example, I mentioned to a friend "I love going out and playing in the garden and getting dirty and muddy, wonder why that makes me so happy?" (laughing about it and meaning it as a joke). Her reply: "well, you can't get more primal than that!"

And again today on Facebook, watching a video of a kiddo eating pureed peas and loving it-one of the people who posted said "can't get more primal than a baby lovin' their yum-yums". (Note, it was hard not to respond to him and say, "YES! You can get much more primal than Gerber nasty peas-give the darn kid real peas!!...but I managed to contain myself).

Anyhow, has anyone else noticed "primal" being used in this way? (And especially if its among your non-primal eating peeps).
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Fad word! Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I come from a family of intelligent people (and a brain damaged brother). So no, not yet but my bro might do that some day.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I haven't but I live under a rock. It would be nice to make primal a fad and Mark a popular culture icon, since, well, lots of people are doing life wrong. Too little bacon, too much cardio.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Hedonist-sorry, just realized "fad" might have been the wrong thing to call it. The way I keep hearing it used reminds me of "sweet", "like", and "cool" (no idea what the current one is...is wicked back now? I am getting so old), hence, why I called it a "fad".

I guess what amazes me is the people saying these things are rabid vegans.
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Np. :-)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post
    Hedonist-sorry, just realized "fad" might have been the wrong thing to call it. The way I keep hearing it used reminds me of "sweet", "like", and "cool" (no idea what the current one is...is wicked back now? I am getting so old), hence, why I called it a "fad".

Just FYI, one of the more current ones (for a couple years now) is epic. Along with epic goes either "win" or "fail" depending on the circumstance, resulting in "epic win" or "epic fail". That's one of my favorites anyway.

I haven't heard anyone use primal yet, that will be interesting.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Primal Win sounds like an 80's hair band...

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee99 View Post

Rabies MIGHT explain veganism...
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I got really excited the other day at the organic grocery store when I saw something that looked like jerky called "Primal Strips" and went over to check them out. Yeah, they're vegan jerky...not so much.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast