Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you do splurge...what happens? page

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!

When you do splurge...what happens?

Primal Fuel
    I've been Primal for 1-2 weeks and Friday I'm celebrating my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend. I plan on eating whatever I like (probably sushi with rice) and then a dessert that I LOVE (chocolate fondant cake with ice cream). I'm totally OK with this and I know I won't fall off the bandwagon.
    But how does your body react? Does it start craving the sugars MORE?! Does it bloat more, react worse?

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I usually feel like crap for a while, kick myself (unless it was really worth it, coz face it, sometimes it is ) and get back on the horse

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyayogi View Post
    I've been Primal for 1-2 weeks and Friday I'm celebrating my one-year anniversary with my boyfriend. I plan on eating whatever I like (probably sushi with rice) and then a dessert that I LOVE (chocolate fondant cake with ice cream). I'm totally OK with this and I know I won't fall off the bandwagon.
    But how does your body react? Does it start craving the sugars MORE?! Does it bloat more, react worse?
    No one can really tell you how YOUR body will react. Don't worry about it and have a fun time.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    When I splurge, I splurge on real, whole foods. Who says you can't have pork belly for appetizer and dessert?

CKATTO71 is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how bad I cheat, I definitely gain water weight for a day or two and if I go way overboard I may get a headache to the point of Migraine soon after eating the junk. That happened 2 times, and it was terrible. Mainly though, just water weight gain.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Upset tummy, water retention for a couple days, sometimes acne in the week following. Worth it? Only you can decide.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Here's the blog post from a while back: What Happens to Your Body When… You Carb Binge? | Mark's Daily Apple

For my part, I eat a pretty large amount of sweet potatoes, but only at the end of fast and only after lifting some heavy weights, and I think this has only helped me in adding muscle with little to no fat gain. I'm not sure if it's optimal for long term health, though. I don't really get very bloated/gassy UNLESS I overdo it on the dairy. I also don't crave carbs on rest days. I actually look forward to them as I can eat higher fat on these days.

Ayla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Upset tummy, water retention for a couple days, sometimes acne in the week following. Worth it? Only you can decide.
    Same for me, especially the zits. Plus terrible headache and foggy feeling for a day or so. But I got headaches all the time (and had zits all the time) when I ate the SAD, so if you felt ok on SAD maybe you'll do ok with some grains and sugar now and then.

PS- Happy anniversary! Have a great time and I truly hope you don't have a carb hangover!
    Last edited by Ayla; 04-17-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Tummy hurts! Sometimes pimples but not recently, just tummy hurts. Rargg, damn you poor quality conventional dairy products
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nothing I cant crush with heavy session of deadlifts or squats. It even cures guilt!

Unless I splurge on cocaine, that is..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast