Thread: Newbie Looking for some fitnesn and nutrition help page

mjgonner is offline Junior Member

Newbie Looking for some fitnesn and nutrition help

Primal Fuel
    I have just changed over to PB about a week ago and I have some training questions...I was a high level athlete in college and ate pretty much cafeteria food for 4 years....That prompted me after graduation to reduce the amount of "crap" that I was eating now that I was not a "true" athlete anymore.

Since graduation, normal day's food consisted of:
    oatmeal/ cream of wheat/ steel cut oats w/ fruit and honey for breakfast...around 6am
    some kind of fruit (apples, oranges or bananas because they are free at work) and nuts for a mid morning snack 10am
    a big salad w/ loads of veggies for lunch 12noonish
    more fruit (prob more apples, oranges or a banana) for an afternoon snack 3pm
    either a lean chicken/lean turkey/seafood and veggie dinner 8pm
    snack before bed would probably be more fruit(usually grapes and or berries) or dried fruit( raisins or figs) w/ greek yogurt or cottage cheese 11pm

with this diet as well as training for a half marathon (nothing too crazy around 25mpw) with some lifting caused me to drop a significant amount of weight for my body type. I am 5'6/7 and weighed around 130lbs in Oct. In 5 months I have gone from around 130 lbs to 115. As a result I feel significantly weaker when I lift as well my legs feeling constantly heavy, I had a lack of energy and motivation some people were telling me I looked sick and I seemed to lose athleticism which was I could see during office basketball games. While my running times were still pretty good, but it took a lot more effort and I wasn't as enjoyable to exercise in gerenal.

I have been primal for about a week and I am looking for some fitness and maybe some nutrition advise as well to help get my legs and strength back. I really just want lean muscle, be able to enjoy my running again and to be around 125lbs...thanks for the help...I'm looking forward to being full engery and enjoying life

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Lose all that fruit! Eat more meat!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    You need more protien and fat in your diet, need to strength train 2x a week and spint train 1x a week.

Eggs for breakfast slabbed with butter
    1 Fruit and 1/4 cup of almonds for snack
    Big salad with minimum 1/2 pound of meat
    Assume you train in between these meals...
    Dinner minimum of 1 pound of meat, fatty is preferred with veggies.

mjgonner is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    You need more protien and fat in your diet, need to strength train 2x a week and spint train 1x a week.

Eggs for breakfast slabbed with butter
    1 Fruit and 1/4 cup of almonds for snack
    Big salad with minimum 1/2 pound of meat
    Assume you train in between these meals...
    Dinner minimum of 1 pound of meat, fatty is preferred with veggies.
    Thanks...I usually train inbetween breakfast and lunch...are there some fruits and veggies that are better than others? I usually like something to eat shortly before I go to sleep, anything recommended?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Lots less fruit, no dried fruit, no bedtime snack. Eat fat! Eat meat! Eat whatever veg you like, but cook it in fat.
    Did I mention you eat way too much fruit?