Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Help me design a primal bootcamp please!? page

  1. #1
    lil_earthmomma's Avatar
    lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,466

    Help me design a primal bootcamp please!?

    Primal Fuel
    Ok, here's the deal:

    I want to be as lean as possible in 8 weeks. I do not want to take wacky drugs or anything, just maximize my effort.

    Any SAFE supplements I can take to encourage this process?

    Any recomendations diet wise? I plan on doing daily 18 IF's because they work well with my schedule. So I'll be eating once or twice a day.

    Any other advice for this soft lil_momma that wants to be RIPPED?

    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

  2. #2
    norak's Avatar
    norak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    504
    Increase your activity level?

  3. #3
    spughy's Avatar
    spughy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    656
    Up your protein to 1 g per lb of lbm and lift as heavy as you possibly can, three times a week, sprint once or twice a week.

    So, your workout schedule might look like: M:Lifting T:sprint W:Lifting T:rest F:Lifting Sa:sprint S:rest. The next week, replace the first sprint with an endurance workout, just a bit below 75% hr. Also, walk 3-5 miles every day.

    Try to time your workouts to finish 2 hours before your daily fast ends. That way you're getting the metabolic benefit of a fasting workout, plus a small post-workout extra fat burn.

    (I started doing this last week but got sidelined by the flu. As soon as I'm healthy I'm starting in again on it. Wanna start a "bootcamp" shred-thread?)

  4. #4
    lil_earthmomma's Avatar
    lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Up your protein to 1 g per lb of lbm and lift as heavy as you possibly can, three times a week, sprint once or twice a week.

    So, your workout schedule might look like: M:Lifting T:sprint W:Lifting T:rest F:Lifting Sa:sprint S:rest. The next week, replace the first sprint with an endurance workout, just a bit below 75% hr. Also, walk 3-5 miles every day.

    Try to time your workouts to finish 2 hours before your daily fast ends. That way you're getting the metabolic benefit of a fasting workout, plus a small post-workout extra fat burn.

    (I started doing this last week but got sidelined by the flu. As soon as I'm healthy I'm starting in again on it. Wanna start a "bootcamp" shred-thread?)
    Thanks! Yes, that would be super, let's start a thread!

    I have two more exams then my focus is on shredding! lol

    I will time my work outs as you suggested, I had no idea that 2 hours before breaking fast was beneficial!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

  5. #5
    lil_earthmomma's Avatar
    lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by norak View Post
    Increase your activity level?
    lol Definitely! I intend to work hard and want to see maximum results that's all.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

  6. #6
    StarStup's Avatar
    StarStup is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    32
    Hey! I would be down with a shred thread! I am in a wedding in 3 weeks and I would like to lose a few pounds before that!

  7. #7
    lil_earthmomma's Avatar
    lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by StarStup View Post
    Hey! I would be down with a shred thread! I am in a wedding in 3 weeks and I would like to lose a few pounds before that!
    Great!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

  8. #8
    spughy's Avatar
    spughy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    656
    The post-workout fast was mentioned in one of Mark's daily posts, a while back - it seemed to make sense. I'm not hungry for at least an hour after a workout anyway... another hour wouldn't be so bad.

    Ideally I'd work out mid-morning after skipping breakfast, then have lunch around noon, small snack around 3-4 and dinner at 6. But I have a child who won't tolerate playcare at the gym (I kinda don't blame her, it's filled with snotty-nosed toddlers) and she isn't in school until 12:30, at which point the gym is filled with all the worker bees on their lunch breaks. So I'm going to hit the gym first thing in the am, like 7 ish, then have breakfast around 10, etc. Then I'll do a full 20-22 hr fast on my rest day during the week.

    But first, I need to get rid of these damn viruses.... AAAAGHHH DAMN YOU ROTTEN PEOPLE WHO SEND YOUR KIDS TO SCHOOL WHEN THEY'RE SICK!!!!! I know what kid it was too. She sneezed on me on Monday. Grr.

  9. #9
    wiltondeportes's Avatar
    wiltondeportes Guest
    "Nutrition is Queen, Exercise is King. Put them together, and you have a kingdom"- Jack Lalanne

    Exercise ranks over eating as far as getting into shape to be honest. There are in-shape athletes out there who eat crap, and there are excellent eaters out there who are in crap shape. You need circulation most of all, and the way you get that is exercise. (or sex)

    Basically, if you want to get into really good shape, run a few times a week and do muscle building workouts a few times a week. Be active outside of that (like walking or playing a team sport) too. You can download Mark Sisson's e-book on here. I highly recommend that.

    Running:
    If you're going to run, you might as well run. Forget that jogging crap. You can go out to a track and slow sprint a lap, do some push ups and sit ups, run another lap. You can run hill sprints if you have an accessible hill. You can set up cones and run 10-20-30-40 yard sprints. Get creative, and do what works for you.

    Muscle building:
    I agree with Mark's basis. Push ups, pull ups, handstands, planks, and air squats will get you going. Work your way up in reps on each of these and increase your difficulty (read the e-book to see the progression) as you get better.

    Supplements are not needed if you eat right.

    I cannot stress this last point enough, DO NOT worry about getting too buff. Muscles on girls look good as long as they aren't looking like Arnold Schwarzeneger. You will never reach that level with this program.

  10. #10
    lil_earthmomma's Avatar
    lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,466
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    "Nutrition is Queen, Exercise is King. Put them together, and you have a kingdom"- Jack Lalanne

    Exercise ranks over eating as far as getting into shape to be honest. There are in-shape athletes out there who eat crap, and there are excellent eaters out there who are in crap shape. You need circulation most of all, and the way you get that is exercise. (or sex)

    Basically, if you want to get into really good shape, run a few times a week and do muscle building workouts a few times a week. Be active outside of that (like walking or playing a team sport) too. You can download Mark Sisson's e-book on here. I highly recommend that.

    Running:
    If you're going to run, you might as well run. Forget that jogging crap. You can go out to a track and slow sprint a lap, do some push ups and sit ups, run another lap. You can run hill sprints if you have an accessible hill. You can set up cones and run 10-20-30-40 yard sprints. Get creative, and do what works for you.

    Muscle building:
    I agree with Mark's basis. Push ups, pull ups, handstands, planks, and air squats will get you going. Work your way up in reps on each of these and increase your difficulty (read the e-book to see the progression) as you get better.

    Supplements are not needed if you eat right.

    I cannot stress this last point enough, DO NOT worry about getting too buff. Muscles on girls look good as long as they aren't looking like Arnold Schwarzeneger. You will never reach that level with this program.
    Yes, I most certainly do not want to look like Arnold Schwarzeneger. Just super healthy and muscled and awesome. lol

    Thanks for the tips. Two more finals to go! I'm so excited to really push myself.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •