This is just speculation, because I don't know if it would be accepted in the primal blueprint, BUT:

Berries = primal, and relatively low sugar. You said you'd go to town on any wild berries you found. So would it be unreasonable to also carry a lot of dried berries (like dried cranberries, blueberries, cherries)? If you are hiking all day long, you don't necessarily need to worry about eating more carbs (within reason). Right? I know the reason we usually stay away from dried fruit is because they are concentrated sugar since there isn't a lot of water to them, but if reducing the weight/volume while increasing calorie density is your goal here, I'd say this could be an advantage to you. Mix them up with nuts if you wanted to cut the sugar content.

That said, the little boxes of creamed coconut seem like another great idea. They are reconstituted with water like dehydrated food. Would you be adverse to carrying a jar of coconut oil? I think nutiva comes in plastic jars, so they'd be lighter than the glass ones. The coconut oil thread going on around here somewhere is full of people saying that eating coconut oil = huge increases in energy. I'd just hate to have it leak in my backpack...so much that it sounds like a ridiculous suggestion now that I'm reading it again...