Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Dietitian??? Martha T.'s Journal page 4

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OK, 5 weeks from today is my 51st birthday. I have been farting around for the entire month of May, ever since I finished a perfect Whole 30 in April. Weight is stagnant, eating too many grains, STILL not working out. Enough is enough and I'm pretty pissed off at myself. Life is frenetically busy, but still... I've gotta get myself into control.

So, 5 week "boot camp" until my birthday. Start running again, start planks, push-ups, hanging from my bar. Goal is to run around the block (6.5mi, 10.5km) by my birthday, do one chin-up and hold a perfect plank for 90 secs. And get my weight into the 130's, an 10 lb drop. If I really get my act together, I can do this. I need to get back off the grains. Day 1 of my 5 week challenge starts tomorrow.

On the positive side, I have stopped eating nuts for snacks in the past month, figuring that the nuts were likely a big part of the reason for so little weight loss in April (only 3.5 lbs in a month, despite perfect compliance). I have also not played one single game of online cards (Freecell or Spider Solitaire) in 2 months, also a big improvement.

Day 1 of Boot Camp: Weight 150 lbs. Smoothie for breakfast. Sore from heavy gardening day (most of the day in a Grok Squat or pulling/pushing heavy things). Plan to do some exercise tonight.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hi marthat!

I just read your journal and wanted to say hello to a fellow Ontario PBer
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Hello to you too! I just noticed your posts on Belinda's thread too. I'm up on the Bruce Peninsula, not so far away. It would be nice to connect with "local" PB'ers. I'm down to London on occasion, usually for a conference in the fall. Maybe we can make something work.

Day 2 of Boot Camp: 147.0 this morning, dropped 3 lbs overnight (weekend bloat). Back to my lowest point last week. So 8 lbs to lose in 5 weeks. Should be doable. Perfect food compliance yesterday. Doing SLD oilshot in the afternoon to help with reducing setpoint resistance and appetite suppression. I use ELOO, 2 tbsp.

Bought lean ground pork last night for the first time ever and fried up an ounce with my eggs this morning. Yummy!! And faster and less fatty or salty than bacon. Very filling. I plan to cut the pkg of ground meat into 1 oz cubes and freeze for easy access to one at a time.

Did squats every time I got on an elevator alone yesterday. 30 in all. And did the stairs a bunch of times, even with a "run" in my step. Felt good.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I've got 9 days to go to my 49th birthday. If I want to be securely into the 150s by then, maybe bootcamp is what I need as well

Good to hear about your ground pork experience. I've got a pound sitting in the fridge that I wasn't sure what to do with. I think I'll look up some sausage patty-type recipes. This may be heresy, but bacon does get to be a little same-old, same-old!

There's a vacant office here at work, and every so often I sneak in there to do 20 wall pushups and a few squats!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Day 3 boot camp: 146 this morning, down another lb. And that's after negotiating the land-mine of a bridal shower last night. And stress galore!! I've handled crises for both sons last night, and a call from an acquaintance with enormous health and mental issues. By the time I went to bed, I was just stewing. Thank goodness for prayer!

This morning's smoothie was about 2 tbsp of frozen raspberries, a 35cal diet yogurt, a tbsp whey protein and a tbsp fermented soy protein powder (helps with the hot flashes), and some water. I'm staying lower fat than usual, as well as maintaining the lower carbs in the hopes of getting the weight moving quickly during the first part of this boot camp. I love the higher fat stuff - avocados, nuts, butter, bacon - but I have not been successful in reducing my %BF eating ad lib that way, so time to try another tactic.

Our favourite sushi restaurant is the plan for tonight. They do a nice ribeye steak, too. Choices, choices....

I did end up at our favourite sushi restaurant for supper and had the ribeye steak with teriyaki sauce (a bit of sugar there) and lovely sauteed vegetables - asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms. And miso soup. I ignored the rice bowl. A pretty good primal meal.

But what is really exciting is that I went out for a run this evening, first time in several weeks. I have been thinking of running a 5K race locally this weekend, but the most I've done this spring is 2 miles as I gently rehab my Achilles and knee problems. Well, tonight I went out feeling so good that I did 5K - easily, consistently, not very fast, but who cares! So doing 5K in "public" on Saturday should be no problem.

I'm tempted to try some sprinting, but I think I'd better not push my luck before Saturday. Maybe on Sunday...

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Boot camp Day 4: 145 lbs, down another lb, for a total of 5 lbs in 3 days! Of course the first 3 lbs were weekend bloat, but the last 2 are for real. So great!

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast