Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: A Primal Dietitian??? Martha T.'s Journal page 26

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm back after a bit of a hiatus from the forums. German visitor has gone home, so life should get back to a normal rhythm of sorts. As normal as my life ever gets, anyways...

I"ve stayed pretty consistantly around 140 lbs, but there has been some grains and sugars slipping back into my life, so I want to get back onto a more strictly primal path. With a quarter of a cow waiting in my downstairs freezer, I have the resources - just need to get back to the motivation. Hence, I'm back to my journal.

Today we have a potluck lunch after the service at church. I am taking a bacon/cheese/egg/bread casserole to use up the rest of the bread left over from German visitor. He was a prodigious toast and jam eater. But thanks to several of his health complaints and a major bout of allergic rhinitis while here, I think I've convinced him to at least try going gluten-free to see if it helps. It will be interesting to see.

Two months later, I return again, about 10 lbs heavier than I was at the end of June at my son's wedding. I've been vacationing in Europe for the past 2 1/2 weeks and put on 6 of those lbs, totally without regret. The local and seasonal food was wonderful, as was the wine from Germany and France. So here I am again, starting the Potato Diet Hack. (PPD for short)

Today was Day 1. Black coffee early, before Chiropractic appt for buggered-up shoulder (that's another story...). Another coffee after and a cold boiled potato with herb salt. Was actually quite yummy. I was pretty hungry for lunch and had about 2 cups of mashed Yukon gold potatoes with beef broth in them. Also yummy. And tea.

Then things got tougher. I was really hungry. I ate one small raw potato almost immediately after lunch, like an apple, another tea, then a second small raw potato, sliced and with herb salt, like crackers. I was almost shakey at that point. This was only about 2:30 p.m. But I had run out of potatoes from my lunchbag, so I persevered until I got home. First thing, I made a large potato into chips in the mic and ate them all. Then broke down and ate about an oz of cheese.

Supper was oven baked french fries and baked whitefish. Delicious! Now I'm back to potatoes until supper tomorrow.

Goal is to get back into the 130's. And get buggered-up shoulder working again so I can do exercises.

Love the potato hack! I'm down 1.5 lbs after one day.

We ended up at a coffee shop last night for a visit with SIL. I didn't want coffee in the evening, so I ordered a Chai latte and requested no sugar or sweetener. Bad idea. The chai was from a tetrapac carton, already super sweet (to my unaccustomed taste). It was delicious like a dessert, but I wish I had avoided the sugar load. Oh, well, live and learn...

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    It's funny we are experiencing different hunger levels. Since before yesterday evening where I had a standard dinner (beef, french fries, fruits and odd bits), all I had was 4 boiled potatoes and black coffee. I feel not hungry AT ALL and will probably eat the same amount tonight. I hope it won't last because my caloric requirements are probably way higher than what 4 potatoes can provide ...

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526