Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Dietitian??? Martha T.'s Journal page 23

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey, if you are interested in checking out the EMF thread here is the link. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77549.html

She just started it today, and the first post is a nice compilation of information from our January Challenge thread.

Good Luck!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Great Day 1. I skipped lunch!! And I ran 2 miles at the Y, followed by half mile of sprints and a 40 sec plank. Took ELOO oilshot this afternoon.

Bought myself new running shoes when I realized how worn down the old ones were as I was putting them away at the Y. Big expense, but a good investment in my exercise future. I love running and am so glad to be back at it after over a year of very little running. And for the first time ever, our new Y facility in my town has an indoor running track. Perfect for deep winter.

Supper Day 1. I scored a bag of 7 yellow peppers, still in great shape, for $2.49 on the tired vegetables rack, so I made stuffed peppers tonight. Leftover cooked rice and broccoli from last night, 2 chicken breasts, a cup of mayo with curry powder added and sundried tomatoes in oil. Baked for close to an hour. Amazingly yummy, but I could only eat half of one. I was stuffed. Love Shangri La!!

The leftovers are piling up around here. I shouldn't have to cook for days, at the pace I'm going!

Day 2. Weight 151.0 this morning, down about a lb from yesterday. Didn't eat much yesterday, so feeling thinner, which is not likely much more than reduced stomach contents and reduced bloat, but I'll take it.

It's snowing a wild thing here today - can hardly see the trees in my back yard. It's a sure thing that Wiarton Willie won't be seeing his shadow this morning. I had toyed with the idea of doing the Groundhog Jog 5k this morning, but after last week's head cold, I didn't get the runs in to get my mileage up to 5k yet. And with this weather, I don't think I can even make the drive to Wiarton (about 25 minutes on a good day). So plan B is breakfast at the local farmer's market (an egg "parfait", created by my friend who runs the breakfast booth for the gluten-free/primal/low carb crowd.) It's a delicious cup of 3 scrambled eggs, chopped peameal or side bacon (your choice), spinach dip, salsa and grated cheddar cheese - all layered in a coffee cup, hot and gooey and so very yummy.

I signed up for MyFitnessPal yesterday and adjusted the macros to reflect the goals of the Eat Moar Fat group. Still waffling about whether I want to try for ketosis or not. When I was doing Whole 30 last year and eating very low carb, I found my sleep getting more and more disturbed as I went along. As soon as I finished the 60 days and added more foods back in, my sleep quality improved immediately. Makes me a bit leery about trying super low carb again.

For now, I think I'll stay with 90% Primal, Shangri La oilshots of ELOO daily, work on my running and start some core work, maybe push-ups. And try daily tracking to see where that puts me in terms of macros. Yesterday was 938 kcals, 30% carb, 45% fat, 15% protein and 10% alcohol (for my usual Friday night martini with hubby). Without the martini, I was at 37% carbs, 55% fat, and 18% protein, a better split, but not yet enough fats. Of course, I ate nothing but grapes from the bag in my car all day, so that impacts the figures...

Counting the days in 30 day increments (ie: monthly) seems to work for me in keeping me on track with goals and focus. So I'm going to try to post daily for the month of Feb. Maybe no-one is following my progress but me, but that's OK. Keeps me accountable.

Day 3 - 150.5 this morning. Made a huge veggie and shrimp stirfry for supper last night. Today has been leftovers all day, curried chicken/rice mix (leftover pepper stuffing) cold for breakfast, sort of like a cold chicken rice salad. Then part of the last stuffed pepper, plus leftover stirfry for lunch. Oil mid afternoon and I have an enormous (7 lbs of beef!!!) eye of round roast in the oven and company coming for supper. Primal appetizers, red wine, dark chocolate and orange wedges for dessert. It should be good! Portion may be larger than usual, and the wine is definitely extra, but overall, pretty good for a celebration meal.

I'll likely freeze some of the leftovers, but I forsee a lot of roast beef variations in the next few days...

I've had way too much home-made (sulphite free) red wine and a big meal of roast beef, salad, redwine gravy and dark chocolate and orange wedges for dessert. All paleo/primal, but I'm pissed and going to bed now.

Will be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow about an all Primal feast? Will I retain fluid or not?

Good night, all!

Nope! Despite the feast last night, weight is 151.0 this morning, only up a half lb. So I made it through the weekend with no weight gain to re-lose. That's bonus! I hope to see the 140's this week.

Plan is to run twice, probably Tuesday and Thursday evenings, at the Y on the indoor track. One will include sprinting.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Maybe no-one is following my progress but me, but that's OK. Keeps me accountable.
    I'm reading.

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Nope! Despite the feast last night, weight is 151.0 this morning, only up a half lb. So I made it through the weekend with no weight gain to re-lose.
    Nice!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Day 5 - 151.5. Not sure why - yesterday was stellar. But oh well, I'm not stressing about it. Still working my way through leftover roast beef, both lunch and supper today, supper last night, more in the freezer and a big container for my son. I made potato salad with my leftover potatoes and have been eating that, too. Figured the mayo would add fat to my diet.

MFP shows intake about 900-1400 cals/d, carbs between 35 and 65 g/d, fats 50-90 g/d. My goals are 1280cals, 64 g carbs, 85 g fat, 64 g protein, a 20%/60%/20% split.

Off to run at the Y this evening.

Day 6 - 150.5, back to lowest weight since starting back on SLD.

Didn't run last night. I was just too pooped from driving almost 2 hours on snowy roads to work and back yesterday to get out and drive the 15 minutes to the Y. So tonight instead. Hubby and I will be driving to town together. Our new resolution to get back to regular exercise means rejoining his Kung Fu club for him, and back to running for me.

Alright, 140's here I come!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast