Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Dietitian??? Martha T.'s Journal page 20

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Today, being the first of June, I will give up counting Whole30 days for May (ended with 32 days) and start recounting. So today is Day 1 of Whole30 for June. Weight is 147.5 this morning. Goal is the upper 130's at the very least. Ultimate goal is 135 by my birthday (52nd) on July 3. What a gift for myself!

The diet is pretty well on track, but I plan to add some exercise. Though I seldom sit down, all my exercise in the last month has been functional - meaning gardening, renovating, moving heavy things (like boxes of flooring materials), wielding a paint roller. I really enjoyed my one attempt at sprinting and want to do it weekly. And start my slow run/walking again. I am signed up for a half marathon in mid-Sept. Time to start the training.

Day 1 has gone well. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, BAS with avocado and tuna in olive oil for lunch, with black berries for dessert. Shot of ELOO, SLD style in the afternoon. Guys had pizza for supper, I cooked two boneless chix thighs in ghee, with 1/3 red pepper in slices and a big handful of baby spinach, wilted in the frying pan. A few herbs and mixed up salt, garlic powder and pepper over top. It was delicious. Now I'm having my Friday night martini - one of my intentional cheats.

It's raining like crazy (finally - it's as dry as mid-July here), so no gardening, running, outside work. And it's cold - feels like I could pull out the knitting!

Day 2: New low this morning (for this go around) of 146.5 lbs. Wahoo!! 130's, here I come!

I SOOO love never feeling low-blood-sugar hungry. That's got to be one of the best effects of the high fat diet. Off for a breakfast at the farmer's market, followed by a day of hard-core renovating... Lunch will likely end up being a Subway salad, and supper is supposed to be out at a local Chinese restaurant with friend. That is going to be a challenge! Everything breaded or with sweet sauces. I'm planning to stick to beef and broccoli to minimize the damage.

Despite eating all three meals out in restaurants yesterday, my weight has remained at the new low of 146.5 this morning. Amazing! Shows that it can be done. Farmer's market breakfast, all-you-can-eat sushi at lunch and German schnitzel house dining for supper.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back Marthat!
    I wondered what had happened to you.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Welcome back Marthat!
    I wondered what had happened to you.
    Thanks, WNC! Nice to be back to feeling slimmer and healthier.

I hit a new low (for this go-around) of 145.5 lbs this morning. Wore dress pants that were impossibly tight a month ago, and they were comfortable all day. Walked past three people sucking back ice cream cones on my way into the convenience store to buy an elk meat pepperette for the hour-long commute home (I was feeling a little peckish). NO desire for ice cream!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    NO desire for ice cream!
    Good for you!

I had ice cream today.
    College Son bought a box of chocolate dipped ice cream on a stick...
    sigh
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Well, I'm on Day 49 of my Whole30 - started April 30, went right through May and am going through June. I'd say I've managed about 98% compliance. My weight (which I monitor daily in spite of the Whole30 rules) is down 11 lbs from where I was in late April. I'm within spittin' distance of the 130's again. Can't believe I've gone this long with not a molecule of dairy passing my lips. I've had about 2 tbsp of rice at a sushi bar as the only grains to pass my lips in all that time. I eat high fat and I'm only hungry when it's appropriate. I never crave stuff I shouldn't have. This just seems so easy now, though eating out still poses some challenges. I plan to break the Whole30 on Canada Day at a friend's party, then my birthday is 2 days later, then our anniversary 3 days after that, then a motorcycle weekend roadtrip with 3 other couples. A lot of "occasions" all in a row!

Hubby is in Germany for 2 weeks, half for work and other half to visit with the family. I have 4 more work days then 2 1/2 weeks of holidays - can't wait!

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Happy Holidays

Sounds like you've gotten into some great habits.

Mommymd

PrimalCon New York
    Thanks, Mommymd. I'm on Day 5 of my 17 days off. I'm off to Keady Market, a huge farmer's market/flea market/livestock sale. Only happens on Tuesdays, which I almost always work. So it's a holiday-only thing.

I'm at 142.0 this morning, down 12.5 lbs from the beginning of May. Unfortunately, it's still 4 lbs above my weight last August, but I will get back there. I'm still on track to make my goal of returning to the 130's by my birthday in 1 week. That's if I don't get too sidetracked by Canada Day festivities. I've been dropping 1.5 to 2.5 lbs per week for most of the last 6 weeks - pretty awesome.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast