Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Dietitian??? Martha T.'s Journal page 11

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Boot Camp Day 30: 141.0 lbs. Stuck here again. Granted it's nine lbs down from where I started 30 days ago, but I want 139.5 by Sunday! And 130-135 eventually. But after the bike ride yesterday, I am likely carrying some fluid retention from the DOMS muscles. My quads were aching something fierce last night, so much so that I had an Epsom Salts Bath to try and reduce the discomfort so that I could sleep. Foodwise, yesterday was good.

Today lunch is out at a local restaurant that specializes in locally sourced foods. She makes a killer grilled cheese sandwich, which I. Must. Resist. I'm hoping for soup and salad. And supper is our last meal with hubby for almost 4 weeks. He is leaving with two friends to ride an Enduro motorcycle all the way to Inuvik, about 100km from the Artic Ocean in the Yukon. About 12,000 km round trip. His 50th year adventure. So I'll make something nice, but it will be Primal compliant.

Today I resolve to get down on the floor and do a plank at least twice.

Once hubby is gone, I plan to bring the chin-up bar into the living room and leave it up for the 3 1/2 weeks. If it's right here, I will hang on it each time I go by, and practice my pull-ups. Maybe by the time he comes home I will be able to do more than just hang for a few seconds! I want those arms that the "After" pictures show. I have a beautiful arm tattoo (see pic above) and I want to flaunt it on a really toned arm!

Four more days till my birthday!
    Last edited by marthat; 06-30-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Boot Camp Day 31: 141.0 lbs, again! ARRGGHH! Only 2 more weigh-ins until my birthday and I really want to be in the 130's. Compliance was just about perfect yesterday. I had bacon and Rivven's Angry bread for breakfast, lunch out at a cafe (bunless bison burger, homemade toppings, on lettuce leaf), snacked on radishes and cucumbers, an SLD oilshot in the afternoon, and local sausage with Greek Salad for supper. And local strawberries (with a bit of stevia) for dessert.

Hubby left at 4 this morning for a 3 1/2 week motorcycle trip across the continent to the Arctic, up by Alaska. Grueling! So I was up for an hour in the middle of the night and feeling groggy this morning. But with him away, meals are less structured. On Monday, I take younger son to camp for 2 weeks, then I will be eating alone for 12 days! Older son is home, but working afternoons and away on the weekends, so I almost never see him, just watch the groceries disappear! Long skinny 21 year old doing manual labour can really put away food!

So, the chin-up bar is coming up into the living room for the next 3 weeks. Let's see if I can make a dent in my weak upper body status in that time!

Happy Canada Day, everyone!
    Last edited by marthat; 07-01-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Workout: Hour and a half with a weedwhacker at my rental property. Pulling weeds, cutting down small junk trees with a pruning saw, raking and carrying all the crap I removed. Definitely some LHT components. A long-overdue cleanup - now it looks like a proper town lot, not some neglected campsite. But I'm exhausted. And it's only early afternoon - and on Canada Day, to boot!! I still have dinner out at a Farmer's Market Salad Supper and then fireworks.

Boot Camp Day 32: 140.5 lbs, a new lowest weight. Finally! And it gets better, as I didn't "go" yesterday, so I was actually expecting it to be up a bit. I had some chick pea salad and some quinioa tabbouleh salad at the market supper last night, but avoided the home-made breads and pies. And a whole day of gardening and yardwork, between my own house and my rental property. Lots of Vit D got manufactured yesterday!

Today I'm cooking my first crockpot roast. It's a round roast, about 3 lbs. I plan to have leftovers for the week that I will be eating alone, and some for nice sandwiches for working son. So I'm off to find a nice recipe for a flavourful roast.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Yay for marthat!

Love that natural vit d too... I spent an hour at Bruce Beach yesterday, it was marvellous!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

I just finished dinner - my first ever pot roast in the crockpot. I had a ~3 lb round roast, so I added a yam, parsnip, onion, couple of carrots and some celery, then about 20 cloves of garlic. Some I peeled and put into slits in the roast, the rest went unpeeled around the roast. A Club House Spices Pot Roast Slow Cooker seasoning packet and a cup of water. Easy as pie. When I came home 2 1/2 hours later, the smell of the cooking meat and the garlic was coming out of the windows as I approached my house. At suppertime, I simply took everything out of the crockpot, sliced the meat into one dish, veggies into another and gravy into a third. Dinner ready to serve!! The sliced roast beef was tender. We mashed the soft garlic over each slice, smeared it with horseradish then poured the broth over the lot. OMG it was good!! And almost no dishes, what a bonus. And lots of roast leftovers, too. No veggies, though.

I would so do this again. What an easy meal. What have I been missing all these years!

Boot Camp Day 33: 141.0 lbs. Today is birthday day, the day I had hoped to reach 139.5 and officially be in the 130's, but it didn't happen. Not for lack of trying - my compliance as been at least 90% for the last week, but I'm settled at 141 for now. Oh, well, this too shall pass. On the positive side though, I checked my % BF on my Tanita scale, and for the first time, it said 30%, down from 33% when I started 5 weeks ago. So 9 lbs (7 lbs if you discount the post weekend bloat that I started with) and 3% BF lost during the past 33 days - not a bad result in my books.

For my birthday, I am being taken out for breakfast, then to a friends for dinner. I am going to eat whatever the hell I please today, though what I please will be mostly primal when it can. I know that the supper menu is crepes and birthday cake, but there will be veg andprotein fillings for the crepes. Lunch will be either Japanese or "brunch buffet", as my son wants to take me out for a meal as my gift.

And I am starting my 52nd year with a run this morning. Hopefully to get out of the motivation slump that has plagued me for the past month and a half. Weather is perfect, it's time to move!

And to start my 52nd year off right, I went out for a run/walk this morning. 5 miles/8.1 km, taking 1:01. In my running heyday, I could do that block in 48 minutes, so I was exceedingly slow, but considering that I haven't done more than 2 miles in the last 9 months, I'm well pleased. And I am generally not as good a morning runner as I am later in the day, so the fact that I got that far at all is great. I had coffee and an apricot and a few cherries before I went out. I will need to work on eating carbs before trying to do longer runs, as I felt myself run down on fuel near the end of the run.

But at least I ran!

Post birthday debacle report: 143.0 lbs. Up 2 lbs after a day of celebration. I ate lunch at our favourite Japanese restaurant, courtesy of my son and his girlfriend - had ginger chicken, no rice and edamame for appetizer. And a salty miso soup. I attended a baby shower in the afternoon and got my hands on the baby almost immediately after arriving. She promptly fell sound asleep in my arms and I held her for over an hour. Hence ate nothing while at the party, which was fine as I was full from lunch. Had radishes and cucumbers for snack before attending my friend's "girls only" crepe supper and birthday celebration. I indulged with a margarita, 2 crepes with fabulous cheese and fruit fillings then birthday cake later at night, with a glass of bubbly thrown in. Wonderful evening!

My heel has been really sore all day yesterday, aftermath of the longer than usual run. Bummer! I was actually limping at times.

Yesterday, I wore a new pair of capris that I had bought about 2 months ago. They would barely do up then, but I loved them, so bought them as a pair of "goal pants". They fit smoothly now, and make me look quite slim. I love them, as I knew I would. That felt like a triumph!

I have one more birthday lunch today, with S-I-L. Back to the Japanese place. At least there I know I can get grain-free choices if desired. Though I think I may have sushi today. Then I am eating alone for the next 12 days, after dropping son #2 at camp today. I can hopefully lose a couple of lbs over the next 2 weeks and meet my goal of getting into the 130's.

Post birthday debacle Day 2: 143.0 lbs. Weight remained stable despite good eating yesterday for the most part. I am starting 12 days of eating alone, a very unusual experience for me. And tonight is a "jewelry party" that I'm hosting. So far the snacks consist of a shrimp ring, crudites and dip, some ripple chips (getting rid of leftovers), chocolates (in lieu of baking), coffee, cold drinks. Will likely get some cheese and rice crackers as well. I really don't want non-primal leftovers, but those items would be make short work of by my son.

So mini boot camp for the remaining 11 days of my "alone" time. I really want the 130's and hopefully can achieve that in the next 2 weeks. First job is to drop back to my pre-birthday lowest, then on downwards from there. I have stewing beef thawing for the crockpot tomorrow.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast