Thread: New "Grokette" Nervous page

CutieDorkLady Guest

Hi to all,

Well - I'm taking the plunge and starting to go primal. I'm REALLLLLLLYYYY nervous about this. It's not so much the changes in eating and exercising, but it's the fact that it will work and I will lose weight...weight I've had all my life. I guess subconsciously it's a security blanket in a way - one that I hate having. I want to be able to shop at regular stores in regular departments. I decided that next Halloween I would be able to look at my pictures and go WOW! That's ME!! Not - ugh look at the double chin. I'll be 40 in January and I am tired of this body - this mindset - everything. I want a new me....just a little nervous. My wonderful old salt of a sea captain is Grokking on and doing great!!! I guess it's time for this lady to become a Grokette. Just scared to death.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

I just turned 40 myself so I know what you mean.

Congratulations and all the best to you!

maba is offline Senior Member

CDL, Congratulations on taking the plunge! Good luck with your Primal journey and welcome aboard.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Don't be scared!!

Just think of all the lovely juicy steaks smothered in butter*.... mmmm.....

Have a look around, check out some recipes. It's fantastic that you've got someone to "hold your hand" through the first few weeks too.

I kinda know what you mean about the security blanket - although I'm in no way obese, I've always been "the chubby one" - so who will I be if I'm NOT chubby???

I'd say concentrate on how well you feel, rather than necessarily by the numbers on the scale

*you'll soon see the dairy debate lol

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

I know EXACTLY what you mean about being apprehensive about losing the weight. I've found it really strange to look in a mirror and see a shape that I'm now quite happy with. For most of my adult life, I've been heavy round the hips, bum and thighs and now all of a sudden I'm no longer a pear shape and I'm actually quite slim.

Don't be nervous though - it's great to feel and look fantastic!

Grok on!

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Welcome from another 40+ gal! I was in the same boat as you, CDL but you'll feel so much better. And it's really cool to see that thin person emerging in the mirror every day!

Baglady is offline Junior Member

Welcome, me too, 45 and like the others losing weight. I feel better that I ever have in my life, so I think you made a good choice and I hope you find this to be easier, than you have it in your head, that it's gonna be. Now for me, I don't care about the weight loss as much as how healthy and fit I want to become, the weigt loss will be a symtom of it.

Be vigilant and true to yourself! and again welcome!

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

CutieDorkLady Guest

Ya'll are awesome! THank you so much for all the support!! This is the first week so last night was my first Grokette dinner for me and my Grok Captain :-) Made Almond Meal biscuits with honey instead of splenda and used left over steak to mix with onions in a skillet and then added scrambled eggs with Old Bay seasoning and cooked that. And what surprised me....I didn't want anything sweet after dinner. I didn't crave chocolate or cookies or anything. Hope day two goes good too.

Kebekgirl Guest

I know how you feel - I used to be overweight and was since I was a young child... And the blanket cover is so real to me... But then I became a chronic yo-yo dieter and all my life was worried about eating/losing weight/fitting in and on and on... I think part of this disturbing cycle was actually brought on by my food choices - I can't do wheat and I can't do simple carbs! If I do, I get hungry and I can't control this ridiculous need to fill my stomach with someting... And the cycle continued like this until this summer - when I actually turned 40!

I am now a proud, slender grokette - I actually weighted 187 in June 2009 and I am now at 170 - and with 120 lbs of lean body mass, I look really nice... I am working on losing the extra layers of fat protection and building more muscle mass... But the food choices of protein and veggies have made my life so much easier to manage! And I do love it and I absolutely don't feel like I need to protect myself anymore - as a matter of fact, I feel as though I know something others don't: How to have a healthy body without being so obsessed about eating and food...

Best wishes! And count on us for support!

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Ah yes - the feeling that you know something that others don't - that is quite a powerful place to be. To know that you won't be constantly hungry, that your food choices are great fuel for you, promote your health - it's fantastic! To feel that you are in control if your food choices, rather than your blood sugar crash and burn cycles - it is life changing!