Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where weight is gained and lost. page

Nettle is offline Senior Member

Where weight is gained and lost.

Shop Now
    These are some questions I'm curious about more then anything else and am wondering what people might have experienced.

My pattern of weight gain has been that I seem to develop my fat rather evenly all over my body. It's one of the reasons that when I really started gaining I didn't notice that much because clothes wise it seemed to take a lot of weight before I would notice a difference. I also have constantly gotten surprised comments when I have talked about how my I weigh because it doesn't match peoples perceptions of what a person of that weight looks like or something. "You carry you're weight well' seems to be a common one. Even at almost 50 lbs overweight I still had a waist and hour glass type figure.

Anyways I do know that other people seem to gain weight/fat in different body patterns and that certain patterns are worse in terms of health then others.

My question is not so much about that but whether or not when on loses weight/fat does it tend to develop it's own pattern or does it generally follow a persons weight/fat gain pattern except in reverse?

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I gain everywhere evenly, and I lose everywhere evenly.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Ditto for me, whether CW or PB. Seems to be common with hourglass figures.

Raen is offline Member
    I also lose weight evenly no matter how I do it, and also have an hourglass figure.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    I think I would approach hourglass if I had a waist. I'm so very shortwaisted that even at 100 lbs. I'm pretty much straight between ribcage and hips. That said, I gained between the knees & collarbone - and lost in the same area.

ughhh so jealous! The first places I lose weight are my butt and thighs. Then boobs. My stomach and arms are the last to go, but the main things I want to get rid of, of course. I have like no ass when I am very lean, it sucks!!

Kelda is offline Senior Member
    From my reading of Taubes latest book 'why we get fat' it's all down to genetics, some people have lots of fat receptor cells in certain areas, some have an even distribution and others far fewer (ie the ones that eat and eat and never seem to gain). Some of us always gain in particular areas and others gain all over. As for losing, I'm pretty certain it will be the reverse of gaining because you are dealing with the same pattern of fat receptor cells; they don't change.
    Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I seem to put it on evenly all over but do have a slight tendency to put on more around my waist with smallish hips. What this means is that I have lost it pretty much evenly and even some of my shoes are too big in the width and my glasses. I'm really tired of my shoes sliding around on my feet but I'm trying to hold out to buy smaller sizes until this summer when I think I will hit equilibrium.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Cool. Thanks everyone and thanks for the info Kelda. It's neat how this works with different people.

Genevieve is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It is pretty neat. I too gained 50lbs without me really noticing, as the weight was distributed everywhere on my body. Since starting primal a month ago I lost 10lbs and it's coming off evenly too. First under my breasts, then hips, waist, then breasts, thighs, butt and lastly arms. I can't imagine what another 2-3 months of this will do to my body, it's pretty exciting.
    Start weight - 193lbs March 21st
    Current weight - 181lbs June 1st
    Goal weight - 145lbs

"The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off." Gloria Steinem

My Primal Journey BLOG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast