Thread: What to tweak? page

marielle is offline Member

What to tweak?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm on about week 10 of PB, and seen about 5 pounds of weight loss. I'm a 5'10", 159 female. I do 3 hours of martial arts a week, with daily walking and occasional sprinting. I also waitress and work days at Agway, where I am doing a lot of walking around and lifting 50+ pounds worth of food or bags of soil and stuff. I track my calories and they stay right around 1300-1500, with roughly a 60-25-15 ratio of fat/protien/carbs. Since I haven't really been losing anything I cut out dairy, and lost about 2 pounds and that bloated feeling, but since then have stalled. I have some adrenal issues, low body temp, amenhorea, but thought those things would improve with this lifestyle. I rarely drink or cheat, maybe once a month. I rarely ever have sugar cravings or am even really hungry. Any suggestions?

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Can you post a typical day meal plan for yourself. Hard to offer any suggestions without really knowing the breakdown.

Also sounds like you have a full schedule- how's your stress levels?
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    If you are having adrenal and stress issues, then you may need to concentrate on those in order to jumpstart weight loss. Also, 159 lbs at 5'10" may not be very heavy, depending on how well muscled you are - given your level of physical activity, you sound like you probably have decent muscle tone and a good level of fitness. Your body might be saying this is your ideal weight, particularly if you are well muscled and have a large frame.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    This sounds familiar.

I was over 300 when I started, and had thyroid, adrenal and chronic fatigue all at the same time. I had to get the meds sorted out with the help f a doc, and do supplements that were picked based on blood tests.

I was able to lose pretty fast and consistently until I got to under 200. I probably had less calories than 1,200 most days, no carbs, and more lean protein, less fat.

Are you doing D3 and omega-3 fish oil?

If you haven't already, I would drop juice, all grains/gluten. Eat lots of fish and low GI veggies. Eat more early in the day and minimize food at night. I just do light snacks in the evening.

Also, focus on good sleep. Read up on melatonin and get some.
    Last edited by DFH; 04-17-2011 at 10:24 AM.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Please post a day or two of menus so that we can see what you are eating. You are very active and could probably add more calories. When my carbs are low, I don't get very hungry and my weight loss can stall out when I'm not eating enough. I also have adrenal issues and find that I feel better with more carbs (most sweet potatoes but also a little rice and sometimes white potato).
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

marielle is offline Member
    I don't know where I got 5'10" from, I meant 5'4"...big difference. I am doing a multivitamin and omega 3.

MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

That is a typical day, without the wine though.

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    Quote Originally Posted by marielle View Post
    I don't know where I got 5'10" from, I meant 5'4"...big difference. I am doing a multivitamin and omega 3.

MyPlate - Food Diary & Food Calorie Counter | LIVESTRONG.COM

That is a typical day, without the wine though.
    I don't think you can see it unless you're logged in? I couldn't see it.