Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Kyungmi) page 3

Kyungmi is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Day 20

B: 1 slice bacon, 3 organic eggs, 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
    S: 8 oz. Trader Joe's Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
    L: 6 oz. ground turkey breast, 2 cups broccoli, 2/3 cup pearl onions, 85g white mushrooms, 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
    D: 1 slice bacon, 3 organic eggs, 150g heirloom tomatoes
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." —Anthony Robbins
    K's Journal

Day 21

B: 1 slice bacon, 2 organic eggs, 85g white mushrooms, 3.3 oz. ground turkey breast, 132g yellow onion
    D: 6.5 oz. roasted unsalted cashews
    S: 16 oz. Trader Joe's Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk

I wasn't planning on eating cashews today, but then I saw a 30 oz. jar of cashews on sale at Target. It came out to be $0.33/ounce and I couldn't resist buying them! I proceeded to eat them on my way home. Yum!
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." —Anthony Robbins
    K's Journal

Hey, just checking out your journal and thought I would say hello

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoCurious View Post
    Hey, just checking out your journal and thought I would say hello
    Hello there! Thanks for stopping by!
    K's Journal

Day 22

B: 6 oz. Trader Joe's Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk, 6 oz. ground turkey breast, 5.5 cups cauliflower, 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
    L: 5 oz. roasted unsalted cashews
    D: 4 oz. roasted unsalted cashews

Out of sight, out of mind right? Apparently not, for me. I placed the jar of cashews I bought yesterday in a really high cabinet in the kitchen so it would be difficult for me to retrieve them. I went and got them anyway when I had a cashew craving. I don't think I can keep any nuts or nut butters in the house. (Need immense self-control!) For some reason, if there's no nuts in the house, I hardly (if ever) get nut cravings and I don't feel like I have to eat them even when they cross my mind.
    K's Journal

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    I'm no expert, but this seems not very "Primal" to me. It sounds like a low-fat, relatively low protein diet that for me at least would be lacking in taste and would not satisfy. If it works for you, wonderful. But is it really primal?

eira is offline Member
    i'm right there with ya on the bacon! bacon avocado and raw cheese omelets have been my favorite

keep it up !

Quote Originally Posted by bookstorecowboy View Post
    I'm no expert, but this seems not very "Primal" to me. It sounds like a low-fat, relatively low protein diet that for me at least would be lacking in taste and would not satisfy. If it works for you, wonderful. But is it really primal?
    Hey there! I guess I should be more detailed in my posts in terms of food preparation. I actually cook/sauté all my vegetables or meat in grass-fed butter with salt, pepper, and/or spiced added to taste.

On a typical day (when I, protein makes up about 40% of my diet, fat about 40%, and carbs about 20%. I get around 40-60 grams of fat or so, and 90-100 grams of protein. Should I up my protein and fat intake some more? And are there any other changes you would recommend to make it more Primal?
    K's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by eira View Post
    i'm right there with ya on the bacon! bacon avocado and raw cheese omelets have been my favorite

keep it up !
    That sounds delish! I've got to try that sometime.
    K's Journal

PrimalCon New York
    Day 23

B: 6 oz. ground turkey breast, 2 cups broccoli, 170g white mushrooms, 143g yellow onion
    L: 6.25 oz. roasted unsalted cashews
    D: 5.65 oz. roasted unsalted cashews
    K's Journal

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast