Thread: Barefoot Shoes And Corns page

Annana is offline Senior Member

Barefoot Shoes And Corns

For the past few years I've been having problems with a corn on the ball of my foot. It causes a lot of discomfort, and I'm desperate to be rid of it. I have a feeling it may have been caused by wearing Converse shoes as they are pretty narrow.

I'm currently using a corn treatment kit, which I have done before, but it came right back again. So to prevent a repeat, I would like to start wearing barefoot shoes in hope of getting rid of it permanently.

Has anyone here had personal experience, or know if it would be a good method of getting rid of a corn? I want to be able to walk and run again without discomfort. I have my eye on a pair of Vivobarefoot shoes to start off with, but would like to know if I'm liable to be wasting my money on something that won't help.
    Thanks in advance!

jandge is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    If corns are the same thing as calluses (never learned the difference, but google says they're the same) then this thingamabob: Heel to Toe Callus Shaver - is the best thing I've found for the problem. I get thick calluses on the bottom of ONE big toe, on top of one pinkie toe, and ball on my other foot and they always come back. Takes care of the entire foot.

This thing can help heal cracks/splits in the tough skin super fast. And I'd recommend ALWAYS use a sharp blade- you start butchering your foot if it's dull. Do it over the tub, or a trash can. Skin flakes get everywhere, because you're slicing the calluses off in layers.
    Last edited by jandge; 04-16-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs