Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mensa puzzle page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Mensa puzzle

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone else solved it? I'm not providing the answer but it was pretty fun.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    which?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

The one for this month.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    The Mensa people are all a bunch of idiots...

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I've never applied for membership. Joining Mensa seems pretty silly to me, mostly just a way of being able to prove to other people that you're smart in a particular sort of way. I got enough intellectual elitism to last me a lifetime going to a school for gifted kids.

Of course, posting on a forum in a way that essentially advertises one's Mensa membership could also be interpreted as a sort of intellectual dick waving.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    its good to use your brain, even if your intellect is in the shape of a penis. puzzles are fun!

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Clearly I'm not Mensa material as I couldn't find the puzzle on their page... I guess the OP isn't either, or he would have provided a link! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I've never applied for membership. Joining Mensa seems pretty silly to me, mostly just a way of being able to prove to other people that you're smart in a particular sort of way. I got enough intellectual elitism to last me a lifetime going to a school for gifted kids.

Of course, posting on a forum in a way that essentially advertises one's Mensa membership could also be interpreted as a sort of intellectual dick waving.
    I'm not a member either, I just enjoy the puzzles. And announcing you went to a school for gifted kids is flaunting your intelligence too, you hypocrite. I'll admit I don't mind people acknowledging my superiority once in a while, but at least I'll admit it.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I'm not a member either, I just enjoy the puzzles. And announcing you went to a school for gifted kids is flaunting your intelligence too, you hypocrite. I'll admit I don't mind people acknowledging my superiority once in a while, but at least I'll admit it.
    Dude, the difference is that I don't think it makes me superior. I don't think performing well on a particular measure of intelligence makes me better than other people, and my time at a school for gifted kids taught me that more than anything else I learned there.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Dude, the difference is that I don't think it makes me superior. I don't think performing well on a particular measure of intelligence makes me better than other people, and my time at a school for gifted kids taught me that more than anything else I learned there.
    Performing well on a particular measure of intelligence DOES make you better than other people....at that particular measure of intelligence. Bacon also provides a boost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast