Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Mensa puzzle page

  1. #1
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576

    Mensa puzzle

    Primal Fuel
    Has anyone else solved it? I'm not providing the answer but it was pretty fun.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  2. #2
    kenn's Avatar
    kenn is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,667
    which?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

  3. #3
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576
    The one for this month.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  4. #4
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    The Mensa people are all a bunch of idiots...

  5. #5
    Owly's Avatar
    Owly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    I've never applied for membership. Joining Mensa seems pretty silly to me, mostly just a way of being able to prove to other people that you're smart in a particular sort of way. I got enough intellectual elitism to last me a lifetime going to a school for gifted kids.

    Of course, posting on a forum in a way that essentially advertises one's Mensa membership could also be interpreted as a sort of intellectual dick waving.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  6. #6
    fitmom's Avatar
    fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    464
    its good to use your brain, even if your intellect is in the shape of a penis. puzzles are fun!

  7. #7
    slowcooker's Avatar
    slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    510
    Clearly I'm not Mensa material as I couldn't find the puzzle on their page... I guess the OP isn't either, or he would have provided a link! LOL

  8. #8
    Alex Good's Avatar
    Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Maritimes
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I've never applied for membership. Joining Mensa seems pretty silly to me, mostly just a way of being able to prove to other people that you're smart in a particular sort of way. I got enough intellectual elitism to last me a lifetime going to a school for gifted kids.

    Of course, posting on a forum in a way that essentially advertises one's Mensa membership could also be interpreted as a sort of intellectual dick waving.
    I'm not a member either, I just enjoy the puzzles. And announcing you went to a school for gifted kids is flaunting your intelligence too, you hypocrite. I'll admit I don't mind people acknowledging my superiority once in a while, but at least I'll admit it.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  9. #9
    Owly's Avatar
    Owly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I'm not a member either, I just enjoy the puzzles. And announcing you went to a school for gifted kids is flaunting your intelligence too, you hypocrite. I'll admit I don't mind people acknowledging my superiority once in a while, but at least I'll admit it.
    Dude, the difference is that I don't think it makes me superior. I don't think performing well on a particular measure of intelligence makes me better than other people, and my time at a school for gifted kids taught me that more than anything else I learned there.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  10. #10
    fitmom's Avatar
    fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    464
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Dude, the difference is that I don't think it makes me superior. I don't think performing well on a particular measure of intelligence makes me better than other people, and my time at a school for gifted kids taught me that more than anything else I learned there.
    Performing well on a particular measure of intelligence DOES make you better than other people....at that particular measure of intelligence. Bacon also provides a boost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •